+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Why 3rd grade behavior?

Again Wwhhhaaa?

Good fathers? Won’t appreciate until seen in use? Knowing when to relax & when to be serious?

I am not on that page. And what is with these MAJOR assumptions?

I am sure the OP is not looking for an uptight husband who won't be playful to his children.

Are we to be in the playful or serious mood right now?
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    As I say, its not something I expect you'll understand for a while. Just putting the thought out there. It will click eventually. Hopefully. Shrug.

You’re a doodoo head, Indi! If I could I would reach through my monitor into yours and poke you in the eye. I babysat toddlers when I was younger!!!!!!!! Although, I am not a parent, I DO understand good parents and what good parents, especially good fathers do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I expect good fathers and especially father of my children to do the following:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn5jlrxcpkI"]YouTube - Russell Peters - Beating Your Kids[/ame]

And this:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PTkJ5g5PfM"]YouTube - Mother's Day: No Kids After 4 - Chick Comedy[/ame]

And this:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUhPerpcxbU&feature=channel"]YouTube - Parenthood - Chick Comedy[/ame]

If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    All I can say, Lesa, is that I wouldn't let you watch my children.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    Are we to be in the playful or serious mood right now?
    Hopefully that was a playful response but I'm not sure hehe. It's just a playful tease but I suppose that's not going to work coming from me.

Anyway, I won't hurt your child. I promise. I would only have the father of my children do those things to his own children.

Everybody thinks they are good.
    Don't expect anything.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I meant it. My son is a handful. Too smart for his own good, and his parents much of the time.

My husband deals with his energy by playful wrestling & other 'boyish' things. I don't think a more stodgy sort of guy (and there are fathers like that, you must have met some) would be able to do this, is what I'm saying. The irritating behaviour sometimes spills into other areas, but one learns to have fun & appreciate it.

You don't want a rock for a BF as someone mentioned.

The immature guy stuff tends to mute anyway with age. I can't imagine what happens to guys who are so serious from the get-go. They end up like... ???

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    Everybody thinks they are good.
    BOOBAA! Hello, darling. Your timing is impeccable!

Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreek View Post
    No. You can be comfortable with more than one. All of my gal pals, I wouldn't hesitate to mess with or poke fun at them or whatever. But when I first meet a girl, I'm not going to act like that until I get comfortable with them. Either way, you need to chill.
    Chill from what?! as i have said i am not complaining...just wondering

And you say your like that with all your gal pals, when your comfortable...but in my scenario its just me pretty much.
    "Guilt is like a sack of bricks...all you have to do is set it down."

"No Expectations. No Disappointments."

- Sheepingly

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If its just you, he likes you. That is all. I can't believe you graduated high school without learning this. Or have you?
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Its related to my post about good fathers. Like I said you won't appreciate it until you see its use. Too serious is no good either. Its about knowing when to relax & when to be serious.

I may not know much about children, but I can relate with the knowing when to relax and when to be serious around others. Having a fairly acute sense of how others feel around you can give you the cues you need to determine if the situation is tense or fairly relaxed. Sometimes you need to be serious with them... other times you realize they need encouragement to calm down (i.e. tension breaking jokes or words of encouragement). Part of this knowledge comes from experience and the other part from having an idea of what would prove most beneficial in a given scenario. It's an abstract and quite intuitive process... but I feel that it can be learned by most anyone with time and patience.

I wish I could explain it better... but I recognize it when I see it and I've received and put into play such intuitive hints myself.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Its empathy Dalia. And I think a person who can joke around a bit is way more likely to have it than someone who can't. Is that what you mean? I agree, if so.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    Yeah, we women can be a bit complicated at times. I relax by hanging out and studying men . I never really analyze the behaviors of other women. I find our thoughts to be fluctuating and too emotional.

Back to the topic:

The most important thing in a relationship or for your potential relationship is how that person makes you feel and how they feel about you--attraction. If you don't feel attraction from the personality or character that the other person presents, there is absolutely no good reason to pursue a relationship or continue a relationship with that person. Well, you can always try (like for the sake of the children, for example) but that may be a miserable relationship indeed.

The men and women discussing the information that the OP presents are basically saying what they feel are behavior they find attractive in a sexual relationship.

There are men that are attracted to girly girls or women who like weekly body pampering. There are women that like the physically playful man. There is nothing wrong with any of these things. It’s only a problem when you find yourself in such an incompatible relationship.

Sheepingly, the guy may be doing those things because he likes you. Do you find him attractive in the physical and personality way?

He's a great guy, great personality, compassionate, and good looking....i just wondered about that 3rd grade stuff cause at first I didn't know what to think...I actually thought when it first starated that he was being a jerk...but as time went on I thought it was kinda funny after a while. Then I started noticing he does that stuff with me only.

With female friends, even the ones he's known for like 10+ years....the most I've ever seen him act like with them was friendly and talkative and maybe some jokes as well.

But yet he goes around kicking and poking me and I haven't eve knwn him that long.
    "Guilt is like a sack of bricks...all you have to do is set it down."

"No Expectations. No Disappointments."

- Sheepingly

To the OP... sometimes it's best to not overanalyze attraction... just let it happen on its own... follow your instincts (within reason). Sounds like this guy likes you, feels comfortable around you, and is for the most part, acting like a normal, playful guy.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    If its just you, he likes you. That is all. I can't believe you graduated high school without learning this. Or have you?
    ^^^Sheep, I'm starting to think you are stupid like one. Can you read?

You know he likes you. Now, do you like him also? You must be pretty b/c he's sure not after your brains.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast