+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Known him since 6th Grade but still can't do it...

Known him since 6th Grade but still can't do it...

Okay so I'm in high school and I've known this guy since 6th grade. Every year, he's been in at least one of my classes. We've always had that in-school-we're friends-and-we-talk-but-we-don't-see-each-other-out-of-school kind of relationship but it's only because I don't really hang out with his friends. Although, I am friendly with them in school too. He's always been that goofy jock that you just laugh at and help with the classwork because he needs doesn't get it. This year I've started to have the biggest crush on him but I don't know how to show him and if he finds out, I'm so scared of being rejected. I know he's like the nicest guy but I still feel like he could hurt me. The other day I had a perfect chance to talk to him because there was like nobody around and it was after school but I didn't and it's because I just get soooo nervous and I was shaking so much. I did say hi but oportunities like that don't come up often and I totally blew it. We have a dance coming up and I really want to dance with him but I don't know how to make it happen. Help! I'm hopeless...

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by soccer09
    Help! I'm hopeless...
    How ridiculous! You sound just like those guys that are absolute wimps and don't have the balls to go talk to a girl. Also, by saying you're hopeless, you accomplish nothing other than making that statement true.

The only thing preventing you from achieving your goal is you. Someday, you're just going to have to get your ass off of the damn couch and go talk to him! It's NOT a big deal! If a guy that you've known for a long time just came up to you and randomly started talking, would you flip the **** out? Probably not, so why is he different?

Anybody who disagrees with me is wrong.

okay, okay... maybe you're right but chill out, you don't have to swear all over the place to get a point across

If you're so nervous around him, try not thinking about the fact you like him so much. Just pretend he's like any other friend and ask him to go out for coffee or something. You'll get a chance to know him more and you'll become more comfortable so you don't have to shy away when trying to initiate convo or anything else. Good Luck!
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

King Zarathu Guest
    Sorry, I'm on my period

find a cute way to tell him without actually saying it, like with me i once told a guy i liked him by having him profread my english paper, only the last sentence was something like, Also in todays news, Lisa likes Matt. and it worked
    Your satisfied smile, tells me it's not all right.
    Like a father you watch me confess to all my lies.
    I did it again, I made a mistake.
    You're right now. Aren't you satisfied?
    So I did it again, I made a mistake.
    You're right now. Are you satisfied?
    Are you satisfied my love?
    Are you satisfied?
    So maybe you were right
    Maybe I'm not worth the fight
    You being right is not, oh it's not nice.
    I wish we had the nerve
    To be as we were
    I wish I could find the root to all good

Quote Originally Posted by dangerous
    find a cute way to tell him without actually saying it, like with me i once told a guy i liked him by having him profread my english paper, only the last sentence was something like, Also in todays news, Lisa likes Matt. and it worked
    Ooooooh, that is cute (and courageous!)

The other day I had a perfect chance to talk to him because there was like nobody around and it was after school but I didn't and it's because I just get soooo nervous and I was shaking so much.
    OMG...Poor baby...don't take it so hard.

Relax...and remember to breathe - in nervous situations our breathing becomes irregular. Imagine he is a friend.

PS Expectations cause disappointment.
    "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia"

Quote Originally Posted by dangerous

Haha, talk about balls.

Well, obviously not since you're a girl, but you get what I mean.

hahaha, yes, i get it, and thank you.
    i do have balls i suppose, ive done cutesty stuff like that a few times out my need to be spontaneous, i usually regret it though, so maybe my advice sucks.
    but here is good advice: guys, tell the truth, dont try to not hurt us because that hurts more, with your lame excuses, just be upfront, please, and girls, their excuses= they arent worth your effort anymore, take time off from guys, then go looking for the next
    Your satisfied smile, tells me it's not all right.
    Like a father you watch me confess to all my lies.
    I did it again, I made a mistake.
    You're right now. Aren't you satisfied?
    So I did it again, I made a mistake.
    You're right now. Are you satisfied?
    Are you satisfied my love?
    Are you satisfied?
    So maybe you were right
    Maybe I'm not worth the fight
    You being right is not, oh it's not nice.
    I wish we had the nerve
    To be as we were
    I wish I could find the root to all good

That is good advice, dangerous

any other suggestions?

come on, just show him. drop hints or something! PLEASE! GIRLS! if u like a guy-friend, SHOW THEM. Cause you never know if they feel the SAME WAY!@!#!

From personal experiences, i really hate it when i like a girl-friend, and when i make moves, she doesn't show any hints of going with it, yet doesn't reject me outright.

Well, it seems you really like this guy - the more you like him, the harder it's going to be for you to approach him.

That's why I suggest baby steps –gradually getting closer to him. Get to talk to him when you're there with his/your friends. That way, you can say a word or two to him when you feel most confident and not scared. When you do feel nervous, and can't say anything to him, that won't be a problem because the friends will be talking. Get it? : ) Now go get 'im tiger!
    "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia"