+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Im devasated, been dumped

I don't know why you even read my posts, vashti, you are a hopeless case.

Quote Originally Posted by Albinoni View Post
    To say the least here I know her daughtere very very well, we are great friends, I spoil her rotten, take her here and there, but her this and that have known her for 8 months we have got on like a house on fire. She was one of my best friends. When ever she wanted something (which obv I could afford) I would get or buy it for her, no quetions asked. Like I said we were the best of friends etc

You were best of friends with your girlfriend's daughter? That's odd to me. And did you voice your concerns about your girlfriend's health to your girlfriend or just to the daughter?

The kind of insecure projection going on in this thread is ridiculous.

Going along the assumption of "better safe than sorry" you could say that about love, people and life in general. It's better never go out into the world because there are murderers everywhere, better safe than sorry. See what I did there?

People have been indoctrinated by the media to make these assumptions about people and that's why everyone thinks there kids are going to be raped, picked up by a stranger and murdered, along with a whole host of paranoid ideas about the world.

Albinoni, leave this woman. She doesn't deserve your time or your kindness. You need to set up your standards because she is blowing this out of proportion. This is how some people attract attention. She hopes that you'll come begging for forgiveness, but don't. Do as your friend says and just ignore her, make her work to get back into your life, because the future with this woman from what you've written is much bleaker even if things do go back to you being together.
    Be slow to fall into friendship; but when thou art in, continue firm and constant.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Borealis View Post

People have been indoctrinated by the media to make these assumptions about people and that's why everyone thinks there kids are going to be raped, picked up by a stranger and murdered, along with a whole host of paranoid ideas about the world.
    I haven't been indoctrinated by the media. I happen to know personally a lot of victims, and most of them were victims to their mother's boyfriends.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh god. Its like nov13 asked her psych roomate to come on the board and post as well. LOL.

Do *any* of you have any actual real-life experience to back up your notions and psychobabble?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

It seems like everyone is so suspicious of all men these days.

And this is coming from me, a woman whose 18 year old daughter was drugged and raped two weeks after starting university. Even in these circumstances i keep a sense of proportion that not all men are potential child/women abusers and rapists.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sorry but the last post is really sad... If someone would do such thing to my daughter , I would be more than overprotective and for sure I wouldn't trust any guy so easily just because " not every guy is like that..." ...
    I wazzzz here

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by fi123 View Post

And this is coming from me, a woman whose 18 year old daughter was drugged and raped two weeks after starting university. Even in these circumstances i keep a sense of proportion that not all men are potential child/women abusers and rapists.
    Your poor daughter! How the hell did that happen? It sounds like a date rape.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by fi123 View Post
    Not ALL men. Just the ones who are middle aged, and calling 17 year old kids their "best friend", and buying them junk, and calling/texting their cell phone.

Sorry about your girl.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

So, you know for a fact that all men who are "middle aged, and calling 17 year old kids their "best friend", and buying them junk, and calling/texting their cell phone." have wrong intentions?

Do you know all men who do that? You probably don't know one millionth of them yet you are ready to prosecute that million people because of one?

Say for the sake of argument, they came out with a solid study that most women your age are psychopaths, would you be ok if they put you in an insane asylum just to make sure you are not one of them and don't hurt someone. Would you be ok with that?

To condemn so many people because of the mistakes of a few is wrong and greatly disproportional.
    Last edited by nov13; 21-08-10 at 11:46 AM.

fi123, sorry to hear that

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by nov13 View Post
    So, you know for a fact that all men who are "middle aged, and calling 17 year old kids their "best friend", and buying them junk, and calling/texting their cell phone." have wrong intentions?

Do you know all men who do that? You probably don't know one millionth of them yet you are ready to prosecute that million people because of one?

To condemn so many people because of the mistakes of a few is wrong and greatly disproportional.
    shut up, troll.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by nov13 View Post

Middle aged guys... Most likely have middle age crisis ... We all know that guys with middle age crisis are teenagers for the second time in their life... Just, it feels so wrong to see an old guy texting with a teenage girl... ESPECIALY if he was with her mother just for 8 months... What is 8 months?
    I wazzzz here

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    shut up, troll.
    I'll take that as a no?

Petit papillon - are you trying to say i was not protective enough towards my daughter? When your 18 year old child is at university in another city out with some friends and she gets her drink spiked?? What exactly was i supposed to do to prevent that? Do you suppose to imagine that i did not do all the normal things that a mother would do to protect their daughter from people who have cruel intentions towards her and teach her always through her life to be careful?? I find your comments quite insensitive, however i respect your right to your opinion.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast