+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: do girls get friendzoned?

Cafe - you are funny! Yeah, that sex doesn't count I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    I'm just saying, not all men need to be physically attracted to a woman in order to be their friend.

And, I repeat, there is no such thing as objective attractiveness. Am I at least decent looking? According to some I am, according to others I'm not.
    What we are saying, is that a guy this is physically attracted to you is friendly, but not your friend. There's always that, "I'd rail the hell out of this broad." in the back of their mind somewhere.

There is such a thing as objective attractiveness. How often do you get hit on?

I actually subscribe to the Kantian objective/subjective hybrid known as subjective universality, where beauty is considered subjective from person to person but objective given a specific set of experiences and perceptions that are particular to each person... but that's neither here nor there.

I'm going to side with searock on this point - a guy can be attracted to you and also be your friend. Just because you'd rail the hell out of someone given the chance doesn't mean you're not also their friend. Life tends to be slightly simpler if you rail the hell out of strangers though.

and thank you Maple, you're too kind.

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    What we are saying, is that a guy this is physically attracted to you is friendly, but not your friend. There's always that, "I'd rail the hell out of this broad." in the back of their mind somewhere.
    My point is that even someone who is not attracted to me can be my friend. They don't have to be attracted to me in order to be my friend.

There is such a thing as objective attractiveness. How often do you get hit on?
    Even if I got hit on multiple times a day it still wouldn't mean that *every guy I meet* is attracted to me. There would always be some guy who isn't attracted to me. It's just nature.

Huh? Sex is very much objective for guys. We don't care if are attracted to you or not ....as long as you're not hideous looking ( but that doesnt stop many guys) and if you came on to us , you'd be in our beds.....period! End of story!

I got your point. I got it the first time you made it. What we've been trying to say, is that only the ones with no attraction or other agenda are the one's who are "just friends". The ones that do have an attraction are not "just friends". It's completely congruent with the point you are making. Anyway, I'm done with the thread. Everyone is just repeating themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    What we've been trying to say, is that only the ones with no attraction or other agenda are the one's who are "just friends".
    I already said I agree with this, in the sense that if a guy is attracted to a girl, he would want to have sex with her if the situation was optimal. This doesn't mean he can't be friends with the girl, assuming he doesn't have any type of romantic feelings for her.

As I said, what I disagree with are statements such as this one:

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Guys don't stick around for "Just friends".
    Guys who aren't attracted to you may actually stick around "just" to be friends.

searock, I had almost forgotten why I like you so much. Thanks for reminding me
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234