+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Date Ideas

Well, I still don't feel to good and don't want to give her what I may have. I think I'll call her this weekend when I'm feeling a little bit better.

I ended up shooting her a text message yesterday. She didn't reply. I'm starting sick of her games. I'm going to give her one final phone call later today. If she doesn't call me back, then I'm done with it. I mean, don't get me wrong. I'd like for it to work out, but I don't want to have to deal with stupid crap like this.

/rant

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Part of dating high school girls is tolerating a certain amount of game-playing. This is why i told you not to call too often: it gives high school girls the idea that they have all the power. With kids, power is an all-or-nothing concept. Lots of kids don't understand the idea of shared power.

Don't call her again until late in the week, or even next weekend.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Part of dating high school girls is tolerating a certain amount of game-playing. This is why i told you not to call too often: it gives high school girls the idea that they have all the power. With kids, power is an all-or-nothing concept. Lots of kids don't understand the idea of shared power.

Yeah, I'm just gonna call her next weekend. I thought by only calling twice that it wasn't too much, but you're right. Thanks for the help...as usual

I hate these games...I hate them I hate them I hate them!

There was this one girl I was interested in and would pull shit like this. It pissed me off so much. I hated it, because it was like when she would respond it made me happy. But then she wouldn't respond and I got down.

She asked me if I wanted to hang out at this place and told me to let her know when I can. I would send her a message telling her when, she would never respond and the day passed. She would completely blow me off.

She pulled this crap 3 times on me. Every time I figured, oh she was just busy.

Funny a couple weeks she let me a comment on myspace asking me if I wanted to go there and to let her know. I said ya, I'll let her know. I'm not even going to bother letting her know. I'm tired of trying to plan shit with her. It's not high school anymore, stop playing stupid games.

/rant

Sorry.

Yeah, vashti, I'm just disappointed that it happened here. She seemed much better than that at the beginning.

Probably some stupid friend told her "If you play hard to get, he'll like/want you more" or some crap like that! Hell, I know adult women who try to play that idiotic game. So Greek, I don't think you should tolerate a certain amount of game playing as vashti suggests, it's good you are learning this now, and good that she learns this now as well.

Vashti: I understand what you are saying about her youth, but that is no excuse because we learn (or should learn) basic common courtesy and respect well before the age of 16.

Greek: Even though it appears I was wrong when I advised you not to play games, I don't think I was ... because you really have no use for a girlfriend who uses your straight-shooting attitude against you. So I would keep being direct (it keeps you on the moral high ground) ... if a girl tries to use that against you, well it helps you weed out the undesirables!

You sent her an unanswered text message, so the ball is in her court. I wouldn't call her again EVER unless she responds to it ... and that's not a game.

Carl.
    Last edited by carl1222; 07-12-08 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by carl1222 View Post
    I wouldn't call her again EVER unless she responds to it ... and that's not a game.
    I agree...I wouldn't even bother calling her anymore. She got your message, she's more than likely read it.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The best thing to do is not to pin your hopes on the one girl too early: to have a couple of irons in the fire.

If you have other things going, you naturally play the game better and the girls sense that they don't have a monopoly over your attentions, which attracts them.

It's ironic but they less you care about the outcome with a girl the better you usually do.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Well, needless to say, this sucks.

Carl: I think you're right on with the assumption that one of her friends got into her head. Because the things she's doing, aren't like her. Or at least, unlike any view I've seen of her in the short amount of time that we've been hanging out.

I appreciate the advice fellas, but I do think I'll give her one last chance. I'm going to call her next Saturday, if she doesn't call me before then. If she doesn't answer, I'll leave a message and say, "When you want to hang out, give me a call." And leave it at that. In all honesty, it sucks, but I kinda don't care that much anymore. I just want to learn what I did wrong this time so that I don't make the same mistake twice.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreek View Post
    I just want to learn what I did wrong this time so that I don't make the same mistake twice.
    I don't think you did anything wrong.

I said it before and I'll say it again. Typical ****ing nut case high school girl.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think it is best for a boy your age to date more than one girl until you formally establish some sort of exclusivity. I'm not telling you to be dishonest about it, though. Be up front; just don't put all your eggs in one basket. It never hurts for the person you are dating (male or female) to know that you have options.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by 1averagejoe View Post
    I don't think you did anything wrong.

I said it before and I'll say it again. Typical ****ing nut case high school girl.
    You're probably right. But for some reason I'm still trying to hold on to this hope that somehow everything's going to work out.

I think it is best for a boy your age to date more than one girl until you formally establish some sort of exclusivity. I'm not telling you to be dishonest about it, though. Be up front; just don't put all your eggs in one basket. It never hurts for the person you are dating (male or female) to know that you have options.
    Oh, don't get me wrong. That's what I was thinking too. But, I just haven't met any other girls worth pursuing since she and I started hanging out. I was going to go to a party tonight with a buddy of mine to meet some girls, but he got grounded and I didn't wanna roll there with no wingman. But, I'm definitely not trying to put all my eggs in one basket.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreek View Post
    Well, needless to say, this sucks.

Carl: I think you're right on with the assumption that one of her friends got into her head. Because the things she's doing, aren't like her. Or at least, unlike any view I've seen of her in the short amount of time that we've been hanging out.

I appreciate the advice fellas, but I do think I'll give her one last chance. I'm going to call her next Saturday, if she doesn't call me before then. If she doesn't answer, I'll leave a message and say, "When you want to hang out, give me a call." And leave it at that. In all honesty, it sucks, but I kinda don't care that much anymore. I just want to learn what I did wrong this time so that I don't make the same mistake twice.
    Now you have the right attitude going on, friend!

Carl.

Well, I've come to the realization tonight that she's just not worth it. This is stupid and childish on her part to start playing games. Plus, she hasn't contacted me so I'm guessing she lost interest. Either way, I've decided that I'm not going to call her back.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast