+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Allright - How do some of you clear your mind of someone?

Allright - How do some of you clear your mind of someone?

Ok - you may remember my previous posts about screwing up with the girl of my dreams. So now the question is how the hell do I get her off of my mind? I went back to my hometown this weekend and everything reminded me of her... not only that I still have dreams about this girl. What method do you use to clense your mind of somebody? No girl has ever made me think of her this much its uber rediculous! Distractions dont seem to help... chilling with other chicks dosent seem to help... boy what a pain in my ass. Any ideas? (oh yeah - no illegal drugs either)

Tone Guest
    Easy - you get your mind focused on something else.

(A new girl, new hobby, work, school, legos, etc)

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You know, I think as a society we have taught ourselves that to experience any uncomfortable emotion is a bad thing. I think people who are open to it experience the most growth during these periods. Maybe you should try to embrace this time period as your time for growth. Reflect on the meaning of your experience with this girl, and see what lessons you can apply to your next relationship. You might as well, since there is nothing that will make you feel better other than the passage of time.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by PureCrazyness05
    Any ideas? (oh yeah - no illegal drugs either)
    oops, in that case – no!

yeah cause there's nothing like a little cocaine to get you over someone.

naw, vashti is crazy. when i've separated from someone i was nuts about, it was completely self destructive to keep thinking about her. i couldn't function. i wasn't a good friend to all my friends, i was not a good son, i was not a good employee, and i was not a good student.

so how do stop thinking about her? JUST DO IT. it CAN be done. it's called will-power. concentrate on different company...go out with your friends and enjoy THEM. set goals and schedules for school and work...and throw yourself into them.

but you know what the problem is with all that? for me...i'd do all that...i'd be all into having fun with my other friends, kicking ass at school, etc...but at the end of the day, while i'm laying in bed trying to sleep...all i did was think about the girl.

the ONLY thing that can get your mind off a girl is...TIME...or ANOTHER GIRL. i remember one time i honestly thought it'd be a good idea to go **** girls after i got dumped. that does NOT help...it's stupid...
    You don't scare me. I got chunks of guys like you in my stool!

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti
    You know, I think as a society we have taught ourselves that to experience any uncomfortable emotion is a bad thing. I think people who are open to it experience the most growth during these periods. Maybe you should try to embrace this time period as your time for growth. Reflect on the meaning of your experience with this girl, and see what lessons you can apply to your next relationship. You might as well, since there is nothing that will make you feel better other than the passage of time.

Very good point Vashti! I totally agree with this post.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

I had my heart broken twice. Both times the only way I found to heal was a new; better; woman.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Quote Originally Posted by TAVS
    I had my heart broken twice. Both times the only way I found to heal was a new; better; woman.
    so she can break your heart in a new, better way?

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RoseB
    Very good point Vashti! I totally agree with this post.
    I have to also agree with shh!.

It's good for our character.

Quote Originally Posted by PureCrazyness05
    Ok - you may remember my previous posts about screwing up with the girl of my dreams. So now the question is how the hell do I get her off of my mind?...
    Stop identifying yourself by way of her.
    Speak less. Say more.

Quote Originally Posted by alice
    so she can break your heart in a new, better way?
    Outch.....
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Quote Originally Posted by vashti
    Exactly, and this is the point that so many fail to see.

It would not matter who is at fault or what happened, it is over, and you are back to being just you, and or by yourself.

Take this time, coupled with you emotions, and use it for some self growth, and self evaluation.

I agree, in today's world, anything emotionally related that is painful is dismissed or done away with by justifications, blame or just stubbornness.

Use your body/mind to become a better person from this. Your mind is smarter then you are. Man has been evolving for thousands of years, why stop now?