+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Awkward situation

Awkward situation

Hey guys, i'm new here so tell me if i'm doing something wrong.

anyways here's my story. I met a girl about 2 weeks ago, and we've been hanging out a lot since then because she lives extremely close to me. When i first met her, she was on a break with her boyfriend, but who knew that a week later she was back with him again. Here's the thing i'm confused about. She'd invite me over to hang out, and we're pretty much seen each other everyday for the past 2 weeks. I've tried my best to keep it just friendly conversations and what not since i found out that she was with her boyfriend again. But she told me yesturday that they were still having problems, and that chances are they'll just end up being friends. In my mind, i feel like a girl doesn't just hang out with a guy that she's just met everyday for 2 weeks if she's just looking to be friends, but i could be wrong. So i was wondering, what do you guys think of this situation. Is there something i could do to kind of lure her feelings about me out whether it be if she wants to be friends or what not? is there a chance she likes me? or am i just blinded by love? ask away if you have questions.

"On a break from a boy/girlfriend" is NEVER a good phrase to hear. Sorry, but going on "breaks" from a person is bogus. You're either still together and just working out problems, or you're in the process of breaking up.

Sounds like this chick wants you to break her fall. Not saying that she might not see interesting qualities in you, but she's in a transitional phase, and if she's leaving someone then she needs space whether she knows it or not. My advice is tell her you think she's nice and all, but she's obviously in a sensitive place where her struggling relationship is concerned, and even though you can be a friend to her, that's really all it should be until her issues are completely resolved. Trust me, you don't want a rebound fling if you really like this girl.
    Last edited by Glyph; 28-04-07 at 10:18 PM.
    [SIGPIC]http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/2509/glyphmb9.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Yea, i agree with what you're saying. I don't konw if she likes me or not though. should i find some way to confront her?