+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Guys opinion! Could this be real, or just all in my head and How do I get over him?

Guys opinion! Could this be real, or just all in my head and How do I get over him?

I had this teacher, Senior year, (08') and as the year went on my feelings changed for him and I am pretty sure his toward me. He would say he loved me and that I will always have a special place in his heart. Or he would say..I love you, I just want you to know that. I am turning 19 and he is 25. He told me at the end of the year, that he did like me, and hoped that my future husband, realizes how lucky he really is. ( that was strange..Im not getting married anytime soon?? I was thinking..why would he say that to me?)

He had this pic. of us from Graduation, framed in his office. He would make these remarks like, once I saw him in the hallway and he came out of one of the classes and told this kid, "hey you need to fix yourself up, and look decent... because there is a beautiful girl in the hallway. He told me," I talked about you to all my classes first day of school..and.Actually..I bring you up a lot."

We talked alittle via E-mail, about college and stuff..and he said "I am so proud of you, and not just w/ academics...but I am really proud of the woman you are becoming. I want you to know... Every time I look at the pic. of you and I here in the office...it just makes me smile".

Last year, we didnt really get along, I mean we bumped heads about everything! It was like we both kind of grew on eachother. We sort of made each other change for the better. He told me he feels that he has become a better person, teacher, everything because of some of the things we went through during the year. When we are together now, that I am not his student..he does treat me diffrent..not like a student, but its like we both flirt with eachother and hint things but niether of us will make any moves..Idk what to do..maybe he has not made any moves b/c he is not intrested in me like that..but I mean..c'mon..with all the things that have gone on between us...I just would not understand that he doesnt have feelings for me...=(

I went to my (former) school's game, because they had a special things for Alumni...and I was walking the track with a friend, and all of a sudden, I hear someone say " ohh so whats this? You cant say hello to me anymore?" And I turned around and it was him and he was like " hey...what you doing?" and he gave me a hug and I was like..I am not doing anything, just here for the game and stuff", and he introduced me to the ppl he was with and didnt even akowledge my friend (who he taught as well).. And he was like..yeah, this is Nicki, she is my former student. My friend was like..well thats kind of weird, she was like..he introduces anyone he is with to YOU, all the time.

What do I do here? My friends/family already pick on me about him..they always say..ohh we know you got that teacher wrapped around your finger..you know the ring finger on your left hand! My head confuses me, but my heart wont let me forget him. I thought over summer I would but when we ran into eachother after summer, I still felt the same. Even when I am with guys, more around my age..I think about him..and I know its wrong to even start things with a "Former teacher"..but I dont know what to do..how to GET OVER HIM..if I must...PLEASE HELP!!!

Just tell him to stay the hell away from you. Remind him that you could go to the school about this and they wouldn't like his former abuse of power.

He sounds very creepy.

it's very human to fall in love with a student. there's nothing wrong with it as long as he doesn't overstep boundaries.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

The age difference isn't that bad. But I think the timing is.

You will learn a lot about yourself in the next few years during college. He has already been through it and obviously being 25 he's surrounded by cute girls growing up. Obviously he was a little taken by you TOO much. He is flirting but YOU have to be careful. I'm 25 as well and I discovered a lot about myself, life, other people, and love since I was 19. I am almost a completely different person from when I was 19.

Take your time finding yourself during the next few years if you go to college..but don't dwell on him or anything. He isn't worth it and he can very well have another "teacher's pet" already.

Quote Originally Posted by Indignant View Post
    it's very human to fall in love with a student. there's nothing wrong with it as long as he doesn't overstep boundaries.
    Well...to me he never over stepped his bounderies..but other ppl who hear about this,tell me they think he has. They say he must just be a shy guy now that he wont make any moves on me, NOW..that its OK to do so. To be honest though..He does not come off like a shy person, at all...when you first meet him. He doesnt ever seem to care what anyone else thinks...so thats why I just cant seem to believe that he would be this shy to me. I mean we were together almost everyday last year. Sure, we bumped heads a lot, but we also grew on each other..and we are so comfortable with each other, at least I thought we were. I guess I dont know. And its not like he "hides" me...he has that photo of the two of us framed in his office, (that he shares with another teacher.)

I couldnt believe it, when I came to visit this year, he was like.."you have not seen my office, go up and take a look..you definitely have to check it out"..and I was like...OMG...that looks alittle strange..lol..I was flattered and shocked at the same time. I seem to have taken over a little corner in the office. He has a bunch of little things, that we would joke around with and stuff..all in that corner..lol

The only thing that still confuses me is that, he has it up there, when we are NOT a couple or anything..and I mean if he just had it up there just there, NOT FRAMED..I would probably think nothing of it..but to frame it..I dont know I just thought it was really nice of him to do..but it was alittle strange..and I just dont know how to read his mixed signals anymore..=(