+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Letter to an ex

Letter to an ex

Background context:

- Relationship lasts for a few months over the 2 year margin
    - Break-up with Girlfriend over College arrangements and whatnot, genuinely thought it wouldn't work-out
    -A week on after this event, I was at a friends' house with his other friend and both of their girlfriends. I was in a very optimistic after all this, decided to rethink my approach on the whole 'relationship' by setting-up a casual approach to the relationship
    - Ring gf to meet-up and explain, end up explaining down the phone, doesn't really take what I have to say into consideration (understandable) and then doesn't really know what to say other than she's confused yet still has feelings. Got a very negative vibe.
    - Afterwards, wait for a few days and decide to write her a letter and hand-delivered to her house and this was the content of it:

"Dear Swede.

I know I shouldn’t contact you so soon, but I couldn’t wait any longer. The other day when I was at fault, I swore I’d never talk to you again. But that was just the wounded little boy in me talking.

Still, I never wanted to be the first one to make contact. In my fantasies, it was always you who would come crawling back to me. I guess my pride needed that. But now I see that my pride's cost me a lot of things. I'm tired of pretending I don't miss you. I don't care about looking bad anymore. I don't care who makes the first move as long as one of us does. Maybe it's time we let our hearts speak as loudly as our hurt. And this is what my heart says... "There's no one like you, Swede." I look for you in the eyes and breasts of every woman I see, but they're not you. They're not even close.

Remember the last several months of our relationship and how good it has been? I mean, think of the entirety of our relationship, excluding our little hiccups along the way of our otherwise great relationship; and the companionship we held so dearly towards each other. And not to mention the strong empathy which engrossed our souls in unity.

Most of all, I sincerely apologise for my hasty decision, for this was a moment of naivety and pure stupidity. I will never fathom the thought of how I could sacrifice such a significant influence in my life.
    It's true, Kirsty. In your heart you know it. Don't you think we could start over? Just wipe out all the grievances and start fresh?

GG

P.S. Sorry for my scrawly handwriting … And for a lot of other things as well."

She hasn't contacted to even confirm whether she's received the letter ... So I'm not sure if she has read it or not, if her parents have thrown it away or w/e.

Wait another day until I fully come under the assumption she's ignoring me? And I'm not sure if she's even read the letter, is there a way to go about this without looking desperate? Also, did I come across as desperate/creepy?

She is ignoring because she basically wants you to go away from her life at this point.. Why torture yourself? You need to stop contacting her for now. Believe me...I know how hard it is but you must do it. In a couple of months, the pain will be gone.

This is a break up my friend and you will have several more as your life goes on.

Letters to the ex are simply a waste of time, and are just another heartbreak. Don't send it, just keep it for now, and move on.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley