+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Letter her know you like her...

Letter her know you like her...

Hey guys and girls again,
    I had a little question a while back about how you "know" a girl is interested in you...
    Well, this particular girl, I've seen out a few times since then.

Just to put it in context here, when I say out on a Saturday night (I'm in the UK), really once you're 18 people socialize in pubs and go out at the weekend to clubs and stuff, thats when you meet your friends and have a bit of fun. I'm NOT talking here about pickups in clubs, it's not that sort of culture, I mean just going pub, meet friends and have a laugh, not go out to singles bars looking for hook-ups. We don't really "hang at the mall" or do that sort of thing...

Anyway, like I said, I've seen this girl a few times now when we go because she's sort of a friend of a friend if you know how I mean, so when we all meet up shes there. I think she likes me because she makes a point of waving or saying hello when I come along or coming to talk and always seems to laugh at things I say.
    Most girls (who aren't interested, I assume) tend to be a bit more "impartial", not really being so enthusiastic about saying Hello or coming to talk or laughing at jokes or whatever.
    One of her friends also let slip she had asked her about me when the three of us were talking but she denied it (I presume she was embarressed her friend was saying it in front of me if she DID say something). Ok, ok, I won't go on and on...
    As terrible as I am at knowing these things I can only assume she must be interested in me if she bothers to take the time where other girls don't to simplify things.

Now what I'm horrible at though is letting her know I like her. Obviously being a bar setting where we usually meet guys in this situation tend to just get drunk to "loosen up", beg her for attention and try buying her drinks. I really hate coming off as the "really needy horny guy looking to score on a Saturday night". In other words I don't tend to be a lovey-dovy kind of guy pretending to be all sexy and stuff, I'm more of a joker. Where some guys buy a drink I'll make fun of her shoes Well, okay, I'm not really that mean but thats my personality, cracking jokes and stuff rather than walking up to someone, grabbing her ass and telling her I'm in love with her even though I hardly know her. I HATE guys who do that, just looks and sounds corny, unsincere and turns girls off IMO. I'm not the class clown or anything, I think I carry myself well and can be serious too when its appropriate. She's really cool and easy to get on with because she plays along and makes jokes around too. Thats why I like her (you can get the really serious girls too afraid to laugh because it doesn't look "cool", which comes across as a bit "bitchy" to me sometimes and it doesn't click.)

Problem is, even though I can get her laughing and touching me because of it, it doesn't really help in "moving in", not making moves but I mean, turning things around so it's not all just kidding and joking and let her know that I actually like her. Reason being is that I've seen her a few times now. With other girls in the past I've always just waited and waited and if I'm never gonna do something she'll assume I never will and will loose interest. I'm sick of that happening and don't want to just DO NOTHING and regret it again. If I don't do something when I see her again I think she'll just assume I never will.

Thanks for listening. All comments are appreciated.

Well. If I were you, I'd just ask for her number, call her up and work the ole' charm up.