+ Follow This Topic

Thread: No contact with Ex: Death Or Strength? The age old question.

No contact with Ex: Death Or Strength? The age old question.

My ex (of 3 years) and I broke up over distance and it creating a lack of physical being. So it didn't really feel like a great reason to break up. She dumped me, wanted to be friends, and I told her I needed no contact to deal with it. Of course... I still want her back. Being 21, young with much to see, and committing to someone through long distance is too much for her after a year of it working.

I've heard arguments for both sides... "No contact will kill your relationship" or "No contact will make her miss you and think about you."

Is there really not a great answer to it all? People say if she really loved me she'd contact me through it all but since I started the no contact and told her not to contact me... how could she? I mean obviously she told me she wanted to contact me but I told her if she didn't want me that way I couldn't handle it.

Thoughts? Don't be afraid to give me unfortunate answers. Thanks.

She broke up with you because she didn't like the distance. Unless you've moved to where she lives then the same issue that made her break up with you is still very much in place. What makes you think she was only kidding when she said "I don't like the distance?" (or something similar)

You did the right thing by requesting no contact. The only thing you did wrong was that you forgot to let yourself get over her and you hoped that going NC would manipulate her into wanting to be back with you.

It's time for you to accept that all things come to an end either through distance or death. In this case she has created the distance both physically and mentally from you.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    She broke up with you because she didn't like the distance. Unless you've moved to where she lives then the same issue that made her break up with you is still very much in place. What makes you think she was only kidding when she said "I don't like the distance?" (or something similar)

You did the right thing by requesting no contact. The only thing you did wrong was that you forgot to let yourself get over her and you hoped that going NC would manipulate her into wanting to be back with you.

It's time for you to accept that all things come to an end either through distance or death. In this case she has created the distance both physically and mentally from you.
    Thanks man. Need to hear truth from people on either side of the spectrum. Don't hesitate.