+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about No Contact

Question about No Contact

My situation with no contact is a bit weird. I had met with my ex about a week ago and she said that she still wanted to be friends. I told her that it would be too hard for me to be friends, because I only see her as a girlfriend. Fine...then I said I think it's best if we don't see or talk to each other for a while. I know this means no contact, but my question is...what if she is thinking that I will contact her when I am ready? Even though she is the one that broke up with me. Will she contact me? or will she think I can't contact him, because he said it would be best not to talk to each other for a while?

Let her call you. DO NOT CALL HER.

Thanks, but it's strange. Even despite what I said? I mean, even after I was the one that said it's best if we don't talk or see each other for a while? Doesn't that almost sound like I'm the one that needs the time?

why don't you just establish that now before anyone gets too confused?

don't call her man. all your gonna do is get hopes her hope up. she needs time too.

Who actually broke things off?

She broke things off with me. At first, we were cool being friends, but then I just found it too hard. So I told her it was best we didn't see or talk to each other for a while. I know I won't make contact, but what if she wants to and doesn't, because I was the one that said not to talk to each other for a while?

Dont call her. Let things be and if she really loved you she would call.

Quote Originally Posted by C1d6OC
    She broke things off with me. At first, we were cool being friends, but then I just found it too hard. So I told her it was best we didn't see or talk to each other for a while. I know I won't make contact, but what if she wants to and doesn't, because I was the one that said not to talk to each other for a while?

Dont call her. Let things be and if she really loved you she would call.

Thanks skybeam...I know I won't call. Although I'm having a tough time with it, I'm not going to stop having fun. I'm in the stage now where i'm not worrying as much about her, but I do wake up each morning thinking about her. Thanks for the replies. It seems like a trend to not call.

I know what you mean, but i think its normal to still think about your ex(or so im told), alot of time i still think about my ex when i wake up(we've been broken up with my ex for 3.5 months, i know it's a long time, but anyway...), the best thing to probablly do(everyone on this forum usually suggests this)is let her call you, b/c then you she cares enough for you to still be in her life or wants to be with you, and on the other hand by not calling her it will be easier to forget about her, saying that she doesn't want to get back together.

Ok, so despite what I said, it appears as though I should wait for her to contact me. I knew that would be the case, but I just needed confirmation. I just have to tough it out and wait.

C1d6OC

In this situation, I would send her a card (ONCE,) if you can not do this get some pro-help.

Say something like I'm not a cruel person and I want to be friends, but I really just need to trying and grow up some. And that you really hope she will leave the door open for the time when you will be able to sit down at a table and have a cup of coffee and enjoy each others company.

By sending a card its kind of a contract. You must at all time keep in mind that you want the best for the other person.

If you really are going to be a horny begging kind of guy I'd recommend some help, and I'd wait util you can do this.

haha..thanks for your comments Pond, but I have done my begging already...didn't work. I'm passed that. You're missing my point. I was the one that told her it would be best if we didn't talk or see each other for a while, because it would be too hard being friends. She knows how I feel about her and that's not the problem. Usually when you have no contact, the dumPER is the one that should call back and the dumPEE can decide what to do from that point on. I may be way over my skin here, but I know her and she's stubborn. Even if she does think she made a mistake, she may be too scared. I've already established a great group of friends and I'm going out, I'm not depressed so I don't need help in that sense. I was just curious with my situation. My main question is WHAT if she feels that because I said not to see or talk to each other for a while. Will she think I will contact her? That's the question.

i felt the same way you did for a while b/c my ex was the same way, but when you sit down and think about it, dont you think she will eventually call you or contact you if she still loves you or if she wants to. No matter how stubborn she is or what you said, if she feels strongly enough about you she will contact you, so its probably better not to contact her or even think about it, and is she ends up calling go from there, dont spend your time worrying about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast