+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girl doesn't tell she has a boyfriend

Girl doesn't tell she has a boyfriend

Hi to everyone,

I am quite interested in the following situation and would like to get some help and feedback.

What does it mean when a girl, who has already a boyfriend, doesn't tell you she has a boyfriend when you try start with her for several weeks?

Thanks in advance.

It could mean that she's into you.

It also probably means that you'll have to find out the hard way when she loses interest in you.

~Sphinx
    You don't need eyes to see, you need vision. ~Faithless, Reverence.

She may be looking for a way out of her current relationship, but hanging onto it until she's sure she's found something better. She may want your attention and is afraid she'd lose it if she told you she has a bf.

Are you sure she's aware of your intentions? If she thinks you're only after friendship and you haven't asked her whether she has a bf, she may not feel the need to suddenly announce it. Have you outright asked her?

It could be several things, but beware that she isn't leading you on and toying with you AND her bf.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick88 View Post
    Hi to everyone,

I am quite interested in the following situation and would like to get some help and feedback.

What does it mean when a girl, who has already a boyfriend, doesn't tell you she has a boyfriend when you try start with her for several weeks?

Thanks in advance.
    I dont tell people when Im dating someone right away, want to keep my options open, but several weeks? I would have more respect for my man -_-

UM, well, it could tell you she's evil. If I were your sister, I would tell you she's evil.
    Spammer Spanker

Hmm...I see.

I met this girl 1 year ago in the army. I got really into her and talked a few times at the phone. But after a month she started to ignore, no phone call returns etc. After asking a friend he told me she already has a boyfriend.

It may sound like a regular situation, but we both come from a Dutch origin, which makes it special as we both live in Israel.

Something like 2 months ago I heard she broke up with her boyfriend, but I don't know if it has any use to try and start with her again.

What's your opinion?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If she does not currently have a boyfriend, why NOT try to re-establish a connection? Her boyfriend at the time may have been a convenient way to get rid of you, or she may have been interested but unavailable. You will never know unless you just man up and ask her out. Be sure when you do this that she knows it's a DATE, and not an "I-wanna-be-friends" relationship.

How long have you been in Israel? I was there the summer before last...
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I was born here, but when I was a baby I moved with my parents to the Netherlands and stayed there for 11 years. I am living in Israel 8.5 years now.

Did you get the feeling she was into you when you first met? I think it's suspect that she didn't mention the boyfriend when you got her phone number in the first place.

What happened right before she started ignoring you? Did you ask her out or make some kind of move toward taking your friendship to the next level?
    Spammer Spanker

At first it were only phone calls, until I asked her if she would like to meet up and do something together.

Ugh, lucky you then. I found out the hard way.

I actually asked her from the beginning, she said nothing (a bad sign, yes). As things moved on, text messaging etc (she came on to me actually) until one innocent night and hard truth in the morning when she told me to stay away. She has a long distance relationship, with 10 years older guy, which she says is collapsing but doesn't know how to end. She is quite talky and flirty actually. I have came to conclusion that she misses personal contact and is looking for a way out. Is it true, girls? Its her mess which she needs to clean out first. I actually felt quite sorry for her, so I made a sincere gift. I don't know if it really made her happier or not but she is keeping it and makes good remarks about it sometimes.
    The truth is, I quite like the girl, but I don't want to be just someones way out, sorry. So, after that gift I have been laying low and we are both fading away from each other. She has already found new friends to play with.
    Maybe some girl can give some advice, what is going on?
    Last edited by boobaa; 06-02-08 at 02:52 AM.
    Don't expect anything.

Chances are she didnt tell you she was involved because she wasnt really looking for anything else at the time. But theres also a chance she did find something interesting within you and didnt want to scare you away. Because you established something with her at the time, you should go after her. At least start the friendship up again and see where it goes. If you dont know her past history with this guy, not knowing how long she was with him etc, you may want to tread lightly. You dont want to be the rebound guy. Just stick your toe in the water first!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrley View Post
    Chances are she didnt tell you she was involved because she wasnt really looking for anything else at the time. But theres also a chance she did find something interesting within you and didnt want to scare you away. Because you established something with her at the time, you should go after her. At least start the friendship up again and see where it goes. If you dont know her past history with this guy, not knowing how long she was with him etc, you may want to tread lightly. You dont want to be the rebound guy. Just stick your toe in the water first!
    Her relationship is 2 years and she sort of works in his company... And friendship, gah I don't know if I can pull this through. I am angry at her and want her at the same time... I just don't want to waste my time!
    Last edited by boobaa; 07-02-08 at 03:37 AM.
    Don't expect anything.