+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Weird conversation with his ex !

Weird conversation with his ex !

and I think i'n still in shock !!!

Ok...so the "friend" relationship continued, we have not been intimate, he still text and calls me at least daily (multiple times a day) Slept over in his appartement again on separate matrasses.

I had decided I would try the "friend" bit for a while as he has a lot of problems at the moment (work- none of it his fault, I know this for sure because as I said before he works for a subcontractor of the company I work for) He totally relies on me for support, and comes to me for help, bla bla bla. Moving out from his ex has left him in debt, buying new stuff etc. so he is troubled at the moment. It has also been established that he has a good relationship with his ex, who has a new BF.

But tonight....I still can't believe it...he text me several times, and as I'm on nightshift I text him I would call hem back which I did. So I had him on the phone, he yelled out "Hi Rianne, good morning " (so he wasn't hiding who he had on the phone) We talk for a while, he'd already told me that Karin and him were going to the pub for a mutual friends birthday (I could deal with that- I think- but then, we don't exactly have a relationship so...) and then he says, "there's someone here who wants to talk to you" I thought it was another colleague...but no....I had Karin on the phone !!!!! being all friendly and nice....can't even remember what was said though she asked me about the troubles at work, and she said something like "hope to meet you soon" Then she says "Sven wants to talk to you again" and so I talk to Sven a little more. We said goodbye and he said he'd call me tomorrow....

What do I make of this one ????? I'm sure as hell gonna ask him if he's getting back together with her....but in a meanwhile, if he is, why would he be so open with her about us- In that case (if they were getting back together) she would probably consider me a threat wouldn't she ?

well for one, it looks like he's trying to get you two to get along better.

second, you two are technically "friends", so if he actually does go out with her, you cant do much about it. as a guy myself, if a girl told me were "friends", ill think "friends" literally lol.

and theres nothing wrong with him being open to her about yall if everything is looked at in a friend-wise thing.

i forgot who you were at first, but i remember your story and whatnot with this guy. you said you wanted to work on not being a little jealous? well here is where you work on it. you cant hold grudges. i think most of all, he just wants to try to get you two to get along. from the sound of things if i was him and you were my ex-gf who was kind of nagging, i would probably try to make you and the other girl make peace cuz id be tired of hearing things that shouldnt be taken overboard.

what i think you should really do is not be near each other for a good while and maybe call once in a while. just because your under the title of "friendship" doesnt necessarily mean he's truly on a break from you. if you two are still sleeping together (not sexually) at the same apartment here and there, i couldnt possibly think of that as a break.

eh...I think you have me confused with someone else. I've never met his ex....and I don't feel the need to actually !! If they get along...that's fine, but I have no ambition of becoming (best) friends with anyones ex- least of all the guy i'm interested in. I never ask about his ex, it doesn't interest me. Anything I know about her, is what he has volunteered as information. The past is the past for me.

And i've never ever slept with him :-)

On second thoughts...maybe I should meet this woman and maybe she can tell me what the hell is going on !!!!!!!!

getting really pissed off now. Here's me feeling a little bit guilty because of my plan B (going out with another guy this week) wondering if I should tell him or not....that ordeal is over ! I'll certainly tell him now! It was a little like not betting all your money on one horse...guess my gut feeling was right.

The thing is...I know he doesn't lie....ever, not about anything. Yes I know this sounds strange, but with him "what you see is what you get" I'm not a talkative person when it comes to feelings and confronting people (well, except in my job) and the fact that I know he gives straight answers, makes me even more reluctant to ask him where we are going. I also feel I have no right to ask that question because basically he's still in a mess after breaking up 2 months ago, and moving out with his ex. The mess meaning financial problems.

I might feel more confident after I've gone out with Mike...who is the 2nd highest boss in my company (reason I kept him at bay- it scared me at first) He doesn't hide the fact he wants to get together with me, been asking me out for 3 months now. As i'm on nights for the last 2 weeks he shows up in my office around about the time I step thru the door. I finally decided he was harmless and agreed to a date, since then...there's no stopping him. Everything I need done from any subcontractor, my wish is his command :-)

sorry for this rollercoaster, since I got home I did have a few drinks. Few guys have gotten to me like Sven, and as Gigabitch told me, I hold low expectations....but still, he got under my skin despite of allarm bells going off.