+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Hi Guys advice needed about my ex am I just wasting my time.

Hi Guys advice needed about my ex am I just wasting my time.

Hi guys, needs some honest male perspectives please. I originally posted this on another site and got slagged off for my age saying I must be too old. Just to let you know he looks and acts older than 25 and I look and act a lot younger than 33. People mistake me for 23. Anyway just going to copy my post. Thank ypu so muck x x
    Hi everyone, just a quick overview. Me and ex split up 8 months ago he has been in a relationship with someone else for 7 months. Bit of back and forth as to if we would get back together or not then he decided to stay with her. Yesterday I had a text off him as he had been a bit mean explaining why he had been like that to me. He said that I was the best thing that had happened to him and that our relationship had been great and the best time of his life (we were together 4 years he is 25 and I'm 33). He explained that I still have a sexual hold over him and when he see me he wants me. So feels it's needed for him to not see or speak to me because of this. We had been talking a bit todayand he said that since the split he has identified that I do still have that hold and that he would rather think of me and us whilst having sex than have us not talk ever. He did say that he does want to give his relationship with this girl a proper go.

Do you think if I go nc for a bit I could have a possibility of us trying again or am I just wishfull thinking?

Sorry also forgot to say that he said he will always love me

Quote Originally Posted by Bristolbish View Post
    Sorry also forgot to say that he said he will always love me
    Yeah, yeah.....standard breakup line. Pay no attention to it.

Fact is, if your relationship had been so great then you and he wouldn't have split up. Just leave him to get on with his new life and new girl.

I think it is wishful thinking to be honest hun. I'm afraid it sounds like he's setting the scene to have his cake and eat it.. a relationship with her, and sex on the side with you. He is still expressing interest in being with you, but only sexually.. he's made it clear his loyalty lies with her. Cut all contact with him full stop. I'm sure you deserve a lot more from a relationship then being the woman some guy thinks about while he's sticking it in someone else. (And if that's the way he treats his girlfriends, you ought not to envy her position either.)

Thanks so much guys, I woke up this morning and something clicked and I feel better now. If he is happy thinking of me whilst having sex with his girlfriend and thinking it's healthy then that's his issue to deal with. It's time for someone to enjoy what he is missing out on haha x x