+ Follow This Topic

Thread: how do you deal with differences in a relationship?

how do you deal with differences in a relationship?

I'm just wondering how you people with a b/f or g/f deal with your personal differences? Are there any differences that bother you and how do you deal with that together?

King Zarathu Guest
    You know, I think it's ironic that you bring that up. I was just having the same discussion with myself a few days ago, and it's still on my mind.

At this point, I'm single. I was really lonely because I thought that there would never be a woman for me because there was something ****ed up about every single one of them. Well, I ended up changing my perspective a little bit.

Yeah, I was right about there being something ****ed up about every single woman. However, isn't there something ****ed up about everybody in general? It would be nothing short of foolish to tell myself that I am the one and only perfect individual (just kidding. I am the one and only perfect individual).

I have come to the decision that sometimes people are joined by their differences, as opposed to their similaries. For example, if you don't like cheese and your partner likes cheese (dumb example), then you would be more than happy to give him/her your cheese, would you not? Would it not drive you absolutely insane to be with something exactly like you?!

To conclude with a direct response to your question, I try to see past those differences unless they're really, really bothersome, like a hobby of using narcotics or something similar.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think the best way to deal with differences is for the male to learn to say "yes, dear".
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I think the best way to deal with differences is for the male to learn to say "yes, dear".
    **** that.

I'll never go to that.

I don't care if I have to argue for hours about it only to settle nothing.

But I will not do that.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    **** that.

I'll never go to that.

But I will not do that.
    Yep, same here. I know you were kidding, but it seems quite a few women expect that nowadays.

King Zarathu Guest
    I say "yes, dear" when I'm being extremely sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    **** that.

I'll never go to that.

But I will not do that.
    hahaha

anyways, I agree with you Zarathu. There's always something that isn't exactly the greatest about everyone. I can deal with differences, but I don't think I can deal with major differences, such as religious/spiritual beliefs and morals and values. I'd hate to go out with a drunk party girl, but I'd love to go out with a girl that has good morals and values.

I'm just wondering how those with a relationship dealt with any type of differences, whether it be religious beliefs or small things such as favorite type of music or movies, or hobbies.

I can't think of any huge differences I have with my bf. But in general, you just have to accept differences, and though you can discuss it, don't try to talk them out of it- ie a religious person trying to convert an atheist, etc. Just learn to understand their point of view even if you don't agree with it. You have to respect them - if you start thinking less of them because of a "stupid" opinion they hold, it wont last.