+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Having problems

Having problems

I haven't been attracted to my boyfriend physically lately, and the sex is weird. I have been thinking about other men and about my ex lately and its been making me feel guilty. I told my boyfriend that I haven't been physically attracted to him, but now it seems like he is really mad at me, and seems like he wants to break up with me. I feel like a jerk now.

You were honest with a guy and told him that you didn't feel it for him any longer. It's what people should do instead of go around cheating. You did the right thing so don't feel too bad.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Yeah right now he is in the other room by himself, but I don't know what to say to him. I feel so bad. I don't want to cheat on him either.

Honesty is always the best policy. We can't control who we're attracted to. We either are or we aren't. There's no point in dragging this relationship out if you're not attracted to him anymore. Best to just tell him the truth and move on. You did the right thing. The longer you would have waited the more he would have gotten hurt.

He will be fine. You should explain to him that you felt that it's better that you tell him now. Eventually he'll get over it and you can both move on. Imagine how much more upsetting it would be if you cheated?
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

It would suck if I was that guy...it would make me want to go to the gym and hammer out 300 sit ups. But as a guy, I would totally appreciate the honesty. If you guys have been dating for a while, then this suggests that the honeymoon period is over and you have to work hard at maintaining the relationship now. My advice would be to do some fun, outdoor activity together. Then combine that with some time spent apart doing whatever each of you loves doing (not cheating).

If you feel that you don't want to do anything fun with your guy, then I'm afraid you no longer have any attraction to the guy and it is time to break up and move on.

You are very honest ah do heart will feel better

I guess what I don't understand is, where you planing on cheating or were you just thinking of other men?