+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The one I can't forget.

The one I can't forget.

There's a lot involved here, but I'll try to keep this short. Some years ago I met a girl, things were great, we were young and happy. I didn't know at the time but I was really not ready for the kind of relationship we had. All in all, we spent a good few years together, with a few break ups in between. Sometimes she'd get me back, sometimes I'd get her back. And then it was over. I thought that was fine. But this girl was never too far from my heart and mind.

I joined the Marines some time after what I thought would be our last parting of ways. After leaving the Marines, I tried yet again to win her back. It was a strange situation and we decided it was maybe best to part ways yet again. After the Marines, I was mentally a bit strange. Not really sure how to put it, but that really wasn't a good time to try again. While I was mentally and emotionally much stronger, I think it was too soon to rekindle that old flame while I was making the transition from military to civilian life.

Now, after a few years of one nighters and bad relationships(I'm a sucker, sometimes a pretty smile is all it takes and I wake up one day in a relationship I never should have been in, and I'm a bit of a "crazy" magnet) I can't help it but God damn it I love this woman! Everything I used to think was wrong with her seems so right. I can smell and taste her when I think about her too much. I lose sleep about it and it's often very difficult to get my mind on something else.

We have mutual friends, so every once in a awhile we see each other. My heart races and I can tell hers does as well. I can't help but give her a certain subtle look, and she does the same, her batty eyes trying to avoid mine. Sometimes I'm so sure she's "the one" and other times I think maybe I just want what I can't have.

I don't have any trouble picking up women, I'm not trying to brag in any way here but it's damn near effortless for me. But still, she's the only one who makes me feel like I'm a kid again and just kissed a girl for the first time.

She's the only one I've ever broken up with and gotten back together with, the only I've ever wanted to and a little bird tells me it's been the same for her. I love her and I can't shake it no matter how hard I try. I can only keep her out of mind for so long until it all comes reeling back.

Now, for the question, should I pursue this any further or just let it go? I can only assume I'll get "NO!"'s, but damn near everything in me is screaming YES YES YES!

So much for trying to keep this short, but that's as short as I could get it.
    Last edited by jarodsmythe; 30-03-10 at 12:43 PM.

Yes go for it but for a long term relationship this time...meaning when you hit a bad spot you need to overcome it together.

Is she with someone else? How serious is it?

Are you ready to settle down? What have you got to offer? Stability? Mariage? What do you want really?

Because that's what she will want to know. So sort yourself out and be very clear about your goals before you get back into her life.

Good luck!
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

What are you waiting for? Go get her!
    Spammer Spanker