+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confusing Relationship

Confusing Relationship

Hey Guys & Girls,

This is probably the most appropriate forum for it.
    I have been working with a female colleague for over 3 years now and in that time we have become really close friends to the point that she told me that I am the closest guy mate she has (I know what you're thinking - FRIEND ZONE)

I have made it clear that I have feelings for her but they were not reciprocated back. The funny thing is the first time we hooked up was at a work function and she claimed she didn't feel and sparks or butterflies and told me it was never to happen again. (She is only the 2nd girl I have ever kissed and I blame myself due to the lack of experience as most people say it is how you kiss that determines "sparks")

Then a few months later hooked up again and the same message was relayed to me (No future between us and for me to move on with my life and find another girl to see)

Several weeks later I offered to take her home as it was raining (no other intentions - as at this stage I knew she didn't like me back) but while I was driving she starts playing around with me and acting flirtatious so we pulled over and made out yet again. All this was initiated by her..... This time, she claimed that this was the last time and we would never do this again as it wasn't healthy and she was playing with my head.

To shed some light, I am of an Asian background wheras she is a catholic Lebanese/arab. We get along so well that I find it hard to believe that she doesn't have feelings towards me other then freindship. I presume it may be a family/cultural issue holding her back from dating me (Though she denies it, saying as along as I am Christian they wouldn't have problems)

I don't know if this is her telling the truth when she tells me that I am a nice guy and she enjoys spending time but she doesn't feel the sparks or butterflies. Clearly this is an excuse as she would not have been with me so many times. Mind you we are both virgins and the furthest we went was 3rd base & that alone was the first time we had experience it)

I am still stuck on her and find it hard to move on mainly because I don't want to but she keeps telling me nothing will come more of it. It's funny since she has introduced me to her friends on different occasions and we got along well. We would have fights and she would threaten to end our friendship when I tried to raise the possibility of us being together, we must have had a dozen arguments over this but she always finds a way to forgive me when I overstep my boundaries.

We will text and call each other on a near daily basis, (1000 odd SMS a month and I spend 3 hours on the phone with her the other night) Even good friends don't do this right?

Is she just confused and unsure, or do you think she really doesn't feel anything for me?

The worst part is at work she will talk about another guy that she claims to be interested in another guy at work (Yes he is better looking) but he is not the type of guy to show interest back at her.

Should I move on, lay low, be persistent? Help me out please....

If it was me I would move on. She sounds immature and attention-seeking. And just to clarify, this is not correct ---> (She is only the 2nd girl I have ever kissed and I blame myself due to the lack of experience as most people say it is how you kiss that determines "sparks")
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!