+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for girl...

Question for girl...

I have a question for ya'll girls in the forum.

Are you girls scare of quiet people, or think that they just don't want to talk to you or dislike you?

Because for me I'm a quiet guy, and it seems like people are scare of me or something. Nothing is wrong with me, because usually people who comes to talk to me, I become cool with them, but it seems like people at my school are scare talking to me or just don't know me. So, how about answering the question.

They probably aren't scared of you, but perhaps find it to be too much work on their part to converse with you. (not fun) You've got to be willing to put forth some effort.

Dont blame them for your quietness. Stop being so quiet and talk to them first
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

If you're quiet you aren't giving people a reason to get to know you. Most people don't go out of their way to get to know somebody unless they have a reason. If you're quiet, reserved, and keep to yourself why should they give you a second glance? Not a personal thing, just how people tend to work.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Im going to agree with Zekk... You should try and put yourself out there more... maybe try being a little more outgoing. I wouldnt be scared ... but I wouldnt know what to talk to you about. If you dont talk alot or you seem like you are shutting out people.. why would I want to talk to you?
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    There was this girl who was always quiet that I worked with. I thought she was shy.....and sometimes she seemed kinda bitchy..... But then one day I just got her to open up and got to know her......

Now 3 yrs later shes my best friend. We hang out all the time....and vent to each other.....and we don't even work together anymore.

The basic thing here is that you need to talk more.... You need to at least make small talk and then work your way up to bigger talk...and eventually you will make more friends and have more people interested in knowing who YOU are.

Now if your trying to attract the opposite sex......honestly it pays to speak up too and let her know a little about you....

Honestly if a guy was quiet around me....I wouldn't think much about him. But if he has something to say or even just made small talk with me...then it would totally open up possibilities.....
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

Tone Guest
    Anyone notice how many "for the girls" threads there have been lately??

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    Anyone notice how many "for the girls" threads there have been lately??
    Yeah, and almost all started by guys.

"Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    Yeah, and almost all started by guys.
    I guess some guys want to hear a woman's opinion on things.......???

Except for directions, of course...
    :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Ellynn
    I guess some guys want to hear a woman's opinion on things.......???
    Humph. I would've figured women would've butted in and given their opinions anyway....

"Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    Humph. I would've figured women would've butted in and given their opinions anyway....
    Yes we normally do....hehe But sometimes guys get a guys opinion from his friends....so he already knows what they will say. Having an opinion from the opposite sex sometimes can be more reassuring......

Quote Originally Posted by Ellynn
    Yes we normally do....hehe But sometimes guys get a guys opinion from his friends....so he already knows what they will say. Having an opinion from the opposite sex sometimes can be more reassuring......
    I can think of a lot better things than "opinions" to get from the opposite sex...

I don't mind quiet people. I am quiet sometimes, but I have this odd outgoing quality thats recently decided to peek up. lol. Anyways, should try to speak up a little more. How else are you going to get noticed?

ooo wow! I saw a post by Jane... Long time no see!

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

nobody----"Are you girls scare of quiet people, or think that they just don't want to talk to you or dislike you?"

Sometime ago I was stuck in a week long conference where I met 3 guys. One was noisy, one was smart-alecky, and the third was quiet. Mr. Quiet was really tall, slouched, and always sat with his arms folded. His body language was really intimidating, and he rarely smiled. He seemed interested in what was going on, so I tried to talk to him...but he muttered most of the time. At the end of the week, everyone was saying goodbye and exchanging addresses/e-mails. Mr Quiet was sitting by himself. So I just thought, 'what the hell', went up to him and said something like, 'well it was great meeting you, see you around, have a safe trip back'. And shockers wockers, I actually got a smile and a big hug from him. I was thinking it took him ONE WEEK to manage a smile!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast