+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Time to walk away?

Time to walk away?

i noticed i hadn't post here in awhile, need some advice at the moment, so here goes.

3mths+ into the relationship with my bf, Lawrence. Seems that everything is fine and going well but he actually still misses his ex and still loves her.

everytime she sms, calls or come by, he doesn't ensure me how he feels for me, makes me sad, letting me alone find out what actually had gone on between the 2 of them.

it just feels shitty, playing the second fiddle to someone.
    the worse part, she dumped him for someone else, betrayed his trust and he still love her while being with me.

when i thought everything was over, i was wrong, he was still in love with her... refer to quoted:

"... i met up wif ***, told him stop hurting himself by loving me and i believed he gave up soon after the chat. i can still remember he cried outside my house, he asked me not to hurt someone who loves me so much. i thought abt it... and decided not to keep in contact wif him so that he can continue his relationship wif his gf. wish him all the best! ***, one week alreadi, i gave in. i kept my promise."

maybe she did keep her promise, but what he did hurt me most. let me stress 1 thing, he cried... cried for her, i know he still loves her which freaking hurts me so much now that i don't know what to do.

should i try confrontation or just turn & walk away?
    please help, thx...
    ( ._.)(._. ) *meow meow* ( ._.)(._. )

I wouldn't even have stayed in this long if I knew the person I was dating loved someone else. Walk away. Before it becomes too hard to. If he asks why, simply tell him that you can't be with him because of the way he acts about his ex. It's only been three months, hardly worth trying to "save". Find someone who appreciates you and only you.

Alexi

I agree. THis is not a good relationship. He loves her and is useing your for support right now. He may care about you but trust me this is about him. It is too soon for him to be in a relationship! I would end it before it gets to be really hard for you.
    Good luck!
    JANE
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

Leave indeed!

Understand his love for his ex. Also understand your love, not your love for him, but your love in general. Someone else may need it. He may never recognize your love, if he is seeking it from his ex.

Sure hearing us say leaving him was probably the last thing you want to hear, and you may find it important for you to continue supporting him. Remember you have needs also. Love yourself because other people may not do it for you.
    Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools.

Napoleon I

thx guys, yr advices are appreciated =)

LightOn, it's ok, i actually have that in my "worse thing to happen" list all the time, it's just a matter of time such thing arise to make it appear.

once again, thx you all =)
    ( ._.)(._. ) *meow meow* ( ._.)(._. )