0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
+ Follow This Topic

Thread: there's this girl and I have less than a month left. HELP :((

there's this girl and I have less than a month left. HELP :((

Hi to all, I am really in a predicament here. As I have said, there's this girl who I've known for two years. We're in college and we knew each other since sophomore year.

Two years ago, I fell in love with her. really really in love. but I was childish and just let it flow. Never told her. We were close and really close. We did a lot of stuff together since we are classmates and she is a member of the same organization i am in. We ate together everyday, walked together to the point that we were leaving others behind, at night i would accompany her to the dorm and wait till she gets in and she would text me after to go straight home and won't stop till she knows im on the way. And came my birthday where I had to plea to her to come. It took me three times to convince her as she didn't want to go because she said that why is she needed there? The one I love (referring to one friend i once liked) is already there. But at the end she came. We had an agreement of me not getting drunk, but somehow I kinda had too much and she noticed. So she went inside my room where our other friends who came to stay overnight are. She was angry and after a while, I managed to calm her down. She didn't want me to go out again but I had to because of the other guests. When I came back I was playing even more drunk as my friend suggested that I tell her how I feel out of sheer alcohol intoxication. I ended up spurting out words about my feelings in a way that I knew that hurt her.

We kinda drifted apart after that. But during the course of junior year, we were good then not then good again. But I never mentioned my feelings again after the first time i did. I even tried courting another girl in hopes of really forgetting her as someone special. But she was there all the time, she even objected about the girl since she said that the girl wasn't good enough for me. We even fought about that. Even during that time, it was special whenever I am with her. Up to now, I still remember them crystal clear.

So anyway, here's the main part. When we stepped into senior year, we had a series of nonsense fights. This lead to me becoming angry at her because my pride got hurt. This was my biggest mistake. We never spoke to each other for the next nine months. during this time she went into internship in another place so I would only see her at field trips. Whenever I saw her, I somehow recall the good times. The moments that was perfect. I realized my mistakes. I wanted to reconcile. It took me a while but after a few tries, we became ok, but not great. This is natural I know.

Okay that's the story. Here's the matter about the less than a month left. One month from now she's gonna graduate. Technically, I won't be seeing her again as our worlds are definitely heading the other way. The problem is, I don't wanna let her go. I can't let stupidity get the best of me again. I want to chase her, I want to do something. I can't let this one month pass without her becoming mine or at least let her know this time for real that I really love her. I am afraid she'll just reject me all over again yet I don't really want to lose her. Please someone give me an advice.

Sorry for the long post. this is my story.

At this point, there is little to hope for. Your relationship has a ton of baggage while not officially being a relationship. You may have the chemistry, but since you've taken this long and haven't made a move (verbally doesn't count, and often it does more harm than good), there's little to no chance that I think she sees you as a romantic interest. You're way too deep in the friendzone.

BUT! Since she's graduating and you say you'll never see her again, what do you have to lose? If your friendship isn't going to survive the distance, then it doesn't sound like you guys are that great of friends anyways.

Go for it, take her out, make a move and don't ask for permission. Make her laugh, make her feel comfortable, be the person that she loved spending time with, and if you can find the moment, where you're both looking into each other's eyes.. move in (not creepily) and kiss her.

You'll know within that first second if kissing her was the right thing to do or not. And if it wasn't then at least you'll know you actually tried, instead of wishing what coulda been. But at least you can be honest with her and say something like "well at least now I know" and she'll respect that you tried.

Good luck.