+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Hello everyone, Im new to the scene.

Hello everyone, Im new to the scene.

Hi, im a 24 year old double major college student from the usa. i love working autistic children and have been doing so for 3 years.
    i was recently in a relationship that lasted for 6 years, but we broke up. she was my first for everything, first kiss, hug and love. didnt work out well when we spent all of those years in a long distance relationship. shes from los angeles and im from sacramento. we would fly to see each other but evntyually the stress related to a long distance relationship finally came to an end.

so thats a litle aboout me, im really happy to see a forum like this where people with caring hearts can unite and share personal feelings and opinions that can help change the perceptions of one another.

Why, in the course of 6 years, didn't one of you relocate? It seems like long distance was a symptom rather than a cause.

When did you break up?
    Spammer Spanker

well i met her down when she was in LA through some college function... since then we would talk on the phone and see each other during vacation periods.

there were some reasons why we broke up... for me im a guy who loves to listen and talk to someone i can trust and love... with her she tended to be quiet.. and that hurted my heart. there were some other reasons as well....

we were suppose to move in together, but she ended up deciding to 2nd major and attend a grad school... so knowing that i wouldnt be with her for at least 6 more years kinda put the final bullet..

but omg i still have feelings for her and she told me she still loves me.... so comlicated i feel like crying.. but doesnt come out.

Why couldn't she transfer to UCLA? Why couldn't you transfer up north? California is so full of colleges you drive by one every 15 minutes.

What's the deal?
    Spammer Spanker

money... most of our money goest to school UCLA is expensive just a single apartment is aroun 1,300 a month and even if i made 20.00 down there wouldnt be cover all expenses.

we discussed this... that even if we did move in together, it would be a pain because.. i would work 30hrs a week she too, and school for another 15 hours a week... basically no time for each other...

were have hope that as long as we remain friends we can grow together and develop a stronger bond and at the same time wait until school is over and possibly dating all over again... but we are also fine with just be friends period.

thank you so much for responding.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    maybe your break up is about 5 years too late.... that's 5 extra years that could've been spent looking for your next potential mate.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    maybe your break up is about 5 years too late.... that's 5 extra years that could've been spent looking for your next potential mate.

raverboy
    HMMM.... i thought of that... for me though in order for me to be with someone for the rest of my life 4 or 5 years is needed to see if this person has what im looking for... i you think im being silly look at
    the american divorce rate (im from the USA) its over 50% !!!!!!!!! these are people who probably dated less than 5 years or more.

i think its better to break up with a 5 year relationship, then a 2 or 3 year marriage.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    haha i don't think that you're silly. i can't keep a relationship going for longer than a year.. everyone is different in their own ways, and long relationships don't really work for me.

if i were to get married, i'd probably make that rate jump 5% because i'd get divorces atleast a couple of times.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...