+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Stuck in a rut

Stuck in a rut

okay, in a rut here.
    met a girl a few months back, absolutely the coolest girl i've ever met, i hit it off with all her friends with ease, and made a great impression on her. started hanging out with her and her friends for awhile, each weekend (because we were always busy, we're serious about school) or maybe ever 2nd weekend. started getting obvious that she liked me, and it was obvious i liked her, so i told her blatantly a month ago, and she went out with me! so we had been going out for a month, (not all the time alone) and having fun, but i guess i was getting closer to her, as anyone would, being more physical (holding her etc.). but she is the kind of very dominant female, who's doesnt quite see herself as one of the girls who could be, well, girly, and "gushy" as she puts it. so a little while ago, i told her i wanted to kiss her, that we had been good together and it was a wonder why we hadn't yet. but embarassingly, she declined, saying that "she wasnt one of those girly girls".

she doesn't want to be, physical at all? now, sex is far off, we're young and, well, smart, right now. she meant physical as in anything beyond hugging. so what do i do? we're still "going out" but its so weird, i'm wondering if this will still work if i'm the person who is madly in love with her, and she's just not taking me seriously.

if this was anyone else, i would totally leave her (not because i'm in it just for contact) because well, it looks like it would take a long time, and a few very smart decisions to get her to open up a bit to me, and really love me.

But, i guess i'm in euphoria about her, i cant stress further how amazing of a person she is, even when i didnt have any feelings for her (that small period of time at the beginning) i always saw every other girl as inferior to her, by intellectuality, by her confidence and strength, everything about her, and of course, her dazzling looks.
    i could never leave her now, any other girl i would meet, would never be as good as her.

so now, she wants to have an emotional relationship, but not a physical one at all. she wants me to still hang out with her and all her friends as much as i already do, because she and her friends love having me around. (they're a bunch of nerds who i like, but aren't popular at their school, but i'm a "NERD" who is quite popular at my own).

So now, she's had a few people post on her fb about how she's not in a relationship anymore, and she replied to someone joking "aha no no, i'm no pedophile anymore "
    she is a bit older than me, and her friends would tease her that she is/was going with someone younger. but, does that mean she doesnt like me anymore? its so damn confusing, now i barely know if she likes me.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Have you already asked her to be your girlfriend? Because it isn't clear to me that she knows you think of her this way...
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

she knows i feel for her strongly.
    she's not ready for that, but she wants me to still be around her so much, and wants me to have fun with her, i'm her best friend.
    but i dont know if i'm in the friend zone?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think you are going to have to ask her if you want to be sure. I realize that might seem intimidating, but in the end, it will be better to know one way or the other because then you won't waste your time chasing after her if she isn't interested.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Clarify this immediately. If you're not already in the dreaded friend zone, you're on your way.
    Spammer Spanker