+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm stuck here...help please...

I'm stuck here...help please...

There is a girl at my school that i have been friends with for a few years now...and i have liked her increasingly every single day of this friendship and it is getting to the point where i really want to ask her out.
    The thing is i have never been very good in conversation, and i'm not sure if i can go straight into it and ask her, or whether i need to try flirting first to get her to like me too, and if this is the case, how to go about it (i have never had a real relationship so have never had these sort of things to consider).
    I am 17, she is 15 almost 16, she means the world to me and i have seen her go through tough relationships and break ups and it kills me to see her in pain, and i never want that to happen to her again.
    If anybody can advise me on what to do please that would be greatly appreciated.

Bulfmic

How many tough relationships and breakups has she gone through at 15 years old? Just curious.

How do you know you are able to provide her with what she needs and what she is looking for in a relationship? It's much more complicated than you think.

You can't get her to like you, she either does like you or she doesn't like you in that way. It can happen over time, to feel differently for somebody but there isn't any way to predict if or how she will feel in the future. You might increase your odds if you are just yourself and open and comfortable.

If you guys are friends, how come it's so difficult to talk to her? You don't feel comfortable around her and talking about whatever?
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

In the past 2 years ive seen her go through 2 relationships, the first lasted about 2-3 months on and off, and the 2nd lasted 1.5 years, again on and off. Neither of th guys she was with really treated her right, and didnt respect her, and both have ended with her in tears and it killed me each time.

By 'never been in a real relationship' i mean ihavent been in one where i havent hated the majority of the time we were together, as i have been cheated on several times and i have lost almost all trust for others apart from my closest friends and family, so i know how a relationship can be complicated.

Its not that i find it difficult to talk to her, its that i have never been good in conversation with anybody really, unless its a guy or i am helping someone with a problem. I am more of an observer, i take in what people are doing around me, i dont really take part much, but i listen and find solutions to things. She is the one person i feel completely comfortable around, as i know i can say anything pretty much and she wont think less of me, but she is quite quiet aswell and that makes things lead to a silence, which isnt always awkward but can be depending on the situation.

Thanks for the comments

Bulfmic

Bulfmic, I totally understand you, because we are quite alike. I mean, I am more of an observer, too. But there is not any difficulties in conversation. Behave yourself normally, like you are a good friend. Well, as for me, I have always been shy and it's rather difficult for me to talk to people, especially to girls. But I manage to restrain my disadvantages (name it as you wish) and a conversation goes well. But your problem is that you're just friends, isn't it? If so, it's impossible to undertake something. But don't back down. I believe your wishes will come true. Good luck.