+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What do I say to talk to a girl that Ive never met before?

What do I say to talk to a girl that Ive never met before?

I am in a situation where I want to talk to a girl that I've been interested in, but I do not know her and I have not formally introduced myself yet, and I don't have much in mind to say yet.

I was wondering if any of you have any experience in situations like these where there is an opportunity to talk to a girl you like, but you've never met her before, and you want to introduce yourself and have a starting conversation. What kind of things do you talk about that make the conversation worthwhile and continue the relationship further?

I have a situation where I have at least 10 min to go up to a girl at school and talk to her. I can go up and introduce myself, but I don't have much else in mind to say that will relate to the introduction stage. I know there aren't any rules, but I want to learn from your guys' experiences and opinions, and then gather my own ideas together.

To give a little background on how I started to find myself infatuated with her, it all started during the first week of my class reschedule. During that first week I was keeping an eye out on many women to see if there are any potential girls that I'd like to talk to and expand a relationship with. I was doing some homework and I saw a girl I thought was cute. I didn't think too much about her, but after seeing her more often at school, for some reason I started developing a huge interest in her. I liked the way she was walking and the way she looked while walking. I don't know her or what she's up to, but she seems like a shy-ish girl, and I find that highly attractive for some weird reason. I think it's because I am sometimes a shy guy myself and I can relate. So it has been about 2 months since school started and I have a deep interest in her and I want to talk to her and get to know her. Everytime I see her, I feel like smiling for some reason. I get this feeling inside that sparks me to smile and I just want to fall in love with her. For some reason I find that I have a few opportunities to talk to her where she is sitting alone. Sometimes I think she's looking at me, but I don't know for sure. I can't make any assumptions yet, neither can I expect everything to be perfect yet, But I have a lot of hope and want to make the best out of this opportunity.

So what do you guys think I should do? I definitely want to make a move before it's too late, and I want to say the right things that will let her know who I really am. Now I know there's no perfect way to do things, but I want to get an idea of what I can at least try to do. Thanks

Ive been in that situation many times before but never managed to get the nerve up to approach the girl i liked. All i will say is if you dont go and talk to her your mind will start making up bullshit stories and making you more likely to not approach her. One thing i've learnt is that if you dont approach her you could spend weeks/months/years thinking about what if and going through pre planned scenarios. Whereas if you approach her now then if she isn't interested you can move on. Girls love to talk so just go and talk to her about stuff thats related to your environment and the situation that you find yourself in. Don't pre plan any openers or stories. Just be observant and use what she says to carry on the conversation. Plus dont try and butt in when she's talking. Its better to be a listener than someone whos blabbing constantly.

JUST GO FOR IT.

I hope this helps.

Say Hi, ask how she is etc.

Make sure you don't fall into the friends zone by talking to much before going out on a date or having some sort of flirting going on.

You need to talk about what you have in commom - the fact that you study at the same place - start with a 'hey', introduce yourself, ask her name, ask her what studies, how she's finding it, what she thinks of the school and such. Don't just launch into a series of questions though, she will feel like you are interrogating her! Just follow her response to your question with your response to your question. Keep the convo short and sweet, you don't want to freak her out, especially as you say she's shy, and make sure you cut it off first with a 'well, nice chatting to you, go to run now, catch you later' or something along them lines. Good luck!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love is like a merry-go-round: you get all dizzy, and then you feel sick!