+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Friend's ex

Friend's ex

Do you guys think its ok to go out with a friend's ex girlfriend 3 weeks after they broke up??

only if your friend says it's okay. There's an unspoken rule about dating your friends' exes. It screams disloyalty and desperation.

No, it's not okay. What is wrong with you?
    Spammer Spanker

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It also depends on how serious their relationship was, and whether or not you are willing to risk losing your friend. If their relationship was serious and he is taking the breakup hard, I don't think you should ask her out. If they only dated a few times, then eh... who cares?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Zach is going to lose his bloody mind when he sees this.
    Spammer Spanker

They were together for about 6 months...

I wouldn't think its ok myself but there are a few more details i forgot to mention in my first post:

-He broke up with her for no apparent reason, as far as i could tell he got bored of her
    -In a conversation with him he vaguely mentioned that he would be fine with one of our mutual friends going out with her

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Do you think if you're that question at all that it'd really be a non-issue?

It's best to avoid dating your best friend's ex girlfriend because when he sees you and her together, he might think that you got together with her as soon as they broke up. And that could ruin your friendship. Don't risk your friendship for this risky relationship. There are plenty other women to choose from.

There are over 3 billion girls out there... pick a different one god damnit. WHY!?
    There are moments when one feels free from one's own identification with human limitations and inadequacies. At such moments one imagines that one stands on some spot of a small planet, gazing in amazement at the cold yet profoundly moving beauty of the eternal, the unfathomable; life and death flow into one, and there is neither evolution nor destiny; only Being. - Albert Einstein

if he says it is fine go for it. if he starts acting like a nob then he was dis-honest and should have said something. thats the reason for asking.

If you are close with you friend, and he says its perfectly ok and wouldn't bother him (and make sure he isn't just being nice..), then yes its fine. I would try to NOT do it though because it could lead to fights and bitterness later on. Assuming they were dating seriously and not just casually seeing each other.

wtf man ? why would you date the same girl your friend dated ?

theres soooo many more girls out there, go pick out another one and if she comes after you, reject her .

unspoken rule no 1, YES NO 1. NEVER under any circumstances date one of your friends ex, even if its been 10 years and he/she says its "ok".

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You're a ****ing prick, OP.

That's all.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    it all differs from guy to guy, me, i personally wouldn't care if my friend dated my ex. shiet... once i told my friend to her sex with my ex if he wanted to, it didn't bother me.

now instead of vaguely talking to him online, why don't you just ask him?? it seems like you're still in high school and these kinda things are a bit childish. but ask him face to face if you two are really good friends.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...