+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I like my best friend's girl!

I like my best friend's girl!

Hello. I'm just going to get right to the point here.
    There's this girl that has been in my school for the last four years, but I've never gotten to know her at all until the beginning of the semester, where I've been sitting next to her at a table.

So we've been getting to know one another for the last three months, and it got to the point that we're actually pretty good friends now. She's very smart, friendly, and pretty. She's the type that doesn't drink and wouldn't do drugs, much like myself. She's really, you know, innocent.

However, in the last month, I've really started to like her. Now, here's the catch: she's going out with my best friend! (Let's call him John)
    They've been dating for a bit longer than a year. They usually spend their time out of class together, kissing or necking or cuddling or whatever you want to call it. The weird thing is that they're completely different. She plays violin and French horn and is into classical music and is very anti-violent, while he listens to heavy metal and plays trombone in the band (along with me) and is into a lot of forums and violent-type video games. Without going into greater detail, they are polar opposites. My other friends and I have been wondering, ever since they started going out, how they got together in the first place.

Anyways, I really like her. I was talking to my other best friend (let's call him Mike) about my feelings (weird!) for the past few weeks. Now here's the other catch: the girl that I like now knows that I like her! (VERY LONG STORY)

So now she knows, John knows, and Mike knows (although Mike is on my side). The day after she found out, she sent me an email explaining that she's very flattered that I like her, and that it isn't awkward for her, and it isn't awkward for John (which strangely enough seems to be true, but I don't talk to him about it) and that she'd definitely like to still be friends because I'm a "great guy". I responded in agreement that I'd also definitely still like to be her friend as well and so on. In the next email that she sent me, she said that it was unfortunate for me that she wasn't single. So now I know that she must like me too.

Now, here's the thing. I've been thinking about her all the time lately. Not obsessively or obscenely or anything like that. And the more I think about her, the more I feel this weird pain inside of me. Whenever I see her, for some reason, even if I'm having a crappy day, I start to lighten up. She just does that.
    However, lately when I see her, I just start to feel like crap. Like, I still am able to talk to her like there's nothing wrong, but I see her everywhere! She's in the senior band (along with John, who I sit right beside), ski team (which hasn't started yet) and that one class that I'm in with her.

I'd just like some general advice as to what I should do here. I really like her, and she likes me back, and I have the feeling that if she and John broke up, she would go out with me, and knowing that should make me really happy, but it sometimes just makes me feel worse.

I know I sound like a whiny baby or something, but all these feelings are just confusing the crap out of me. I've never felt this way about anybody before!
    Just a little advice would be nice.

Thanks!

General advice: Stay the hell away from your friend's girl. That is all.
    Spammer Spanker

"Jesse's Girl" by Rick Springfield.

I could never go out with a friend's ex. I would not even think about going out with her while they were still together. How long have you known "John"? Although I'm not that experienced, I'd say meeting another girl is the fastest solution to your problem.

I say you kill John.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Let it go. Genie is out of the bottle, but keep pushing the issue and one day, during band practice, John is going to 'accidentally' turn sideways and swing the trombone tube right upside your head. Hard.

If they ever break up, then is your chance to move. But not until. Look elsewhere, meantime.

LostNotFound Guest
    back away homewrecker! just kidding i just like saying homewrecker but i do mean back away..

Quote Originally Posted by Eloro View Post
    "Jesse's Girl" by Rick Springfield.

I could never go out with a friend's ex. I would not even think about going out with her while they were still together. How long have you known "John"? Although I'm not that experienced, I'd say meeting another girl is the fastest solution to your problem.
    Eloro, I would never even try to go out with a girl that is already going out with another guy. However, I would definitely go out with this girl if they ever broke up. I'm about 100% sure that he wouldn't care.

Also, it's not exactly easy to meet new girls in high school. In fact, it's damn near impossible.

Thanks for the input though!

There is a thing called 'code'. You don't date your best friend's girlfriend, even after they have broken up, unless you are willing to destroy your friendship with your best friend. You can ask for permission to date her, but overall, it causes lots of stress.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by ElChombo View Post
    I'm about 100% sure that he wouldn't care.
    I wouldn't be too sure about that. Anyway, if you think he won't care then, then mbe he doesn't care now?

Mbe you should try to hook him up w/some other girl. Then you can have his current one when they break.