+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Friend's Ex

Friend's Ex

So my friend's Ex just broke up with him two days ago and I've always had my eyes on her but have been able to do nothing, now that she's single I'm thinking I might have a chance with her. I know it is never wise to rush into these kinds of things especially right after she just broke up, she would be confused and not know what's really going on.

She called me the day after she broke up and asked if I wanted to hang out with her, she wanted somebody to talk to and take things off her mind, I happily obliged. We had a great time, ate, movie, ferris wheel, star gazed for like 5 min, and ended the night. She said tomorrow she was going to go clubbing with her girl coworkers and I asked her in a funny sarcastic way "And you're not inviting me?" She laughed and said "Do you wanna come?" So I said yeah, call me up when you're going. So today came, and I see on her away message on AIM that she had already went out but did not call so I sent her a text and she replied she didn't want me to feel awkward because its all her friends so she didn't call me. Did she just not want me to come? So here I am at home, posting on this forum, feeling kind of let down and lonely..

In an earlier online chat we had this morning, these were some of the things she said:

"....but just promise not to start liking me"
    "trust me..im not letting any guy getting anywhere near my (now) broken heart"
    "...i just dont want you to start liking me because right now im not even ready to date"

That last part really threw me off, is she trying to say something?...

I didn't know how to interpret it...she was, lets say, a bit attracted to me while she was w/ her bf and got me in a wee trouble but nothing big; and so do I with her. I didn't know how to answer her, so I just replied back with cocky replies such as "Psh, I was going to say that to you" and I knew inside I couldn't have promised that since I think I already do like her. She also says she doesn't like asians (she's one btw, and her bf was 1/2), which I am, but we have tons of fun whenever we're together. I'm just hoping this will not just be the dreaded "we're just good friends" thing, but I know I'm going to have to wait a couple weeks if not months to even do anything.

Could anybody give any reflections or thoughts on my situation? Thank you for any help at all; I just wanted to share my thoughts here.
    Last edited by soybeanboy; 29-07-07 at 04:49 AM.

Do NOT hang out with her. Are you a man or a crutch? And what kind of guy moves right in on his friend's ex, anyway?

This girl is all kinds of wrong for you. Find somebody else, somebody who doesn't dismiss you outright because you're Asian (that would piss me off) and doesn't treat you like a little bitch.
    Spammer Spanker

Thank you for replying openly; your first question really brought me into reality. I'm not so sure myself right now, but I definitely don't want to be the latter part. And my friend's not really my friend, just somebody I know. I appreciate your advice.