+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Tricky Situation

Tricky Situation

I need some advice please, Im currently single and have been for a few months. I often attend the gym 3 -4 times a week, the past couple of times there has been a really pretty girl I have taken a liking too, we have made eye contact alot so I can tell there is definitely interest lurking somewhere from both sides

I have found her name from the register we use to sign in and I have found her profile on a social networking site but I haven't made any contact what so ever yet, she is single so its a good starting point. I dont know what to do next as I dont want her knowing I found her name from the gym register!

I know she will be at the gym again this week.. so I dont have a clue what to do, I dont want to make a mistake and have the awkward situation of seeing her at the gym everyday in the future.. argh stress!
    Cheers, Olie843.

Forget the social networking sites just do the good old face to face approach. Go and say hi to her. She is single so you have that on your side. Don't die wondering.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

You wound up doing a semi-background check on her so far. No harm no foul, unless you continue in this stalkerish fashion. Just walk up to her and say hello. Seriously. That's all you have to do. Go say hi and introduce yourself.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

I think too many young guys get caught up with "not blowing it" with one particular woman that they over think the situation and destroy their own chances. Have you ever seen the alpha male jerks with their buckets of self confidence? I'm sure you have. Do you know why they have so much confidence when dealing with women? Its because they don't care about their chances with [one] woman who they don't even know yet. If you approach this situation thinking "if she likes me, great, if not f*ck it.... I'll just enjoy my workout session" then you might be able to tame your nerves a bit.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    I think too many young guys get caught up with "not blowing it" with one particular woman that they over think the situation and destroy their own chances. Have you ever seen the alpha male jerks with their buckets of self confidence? I'm sure you have. Do you know why they have so much confidence when dealing with women? Its because they don't care about their chances with [one] woman who they don't even know yet. If you approach this situation thinking "if she likes me, great, if not f*ck it.... I'll just enjoy my workout session" then you might be able to tame your nerves a bit.
    This is pretty much your answer. You say you have no clue what to do when all you need to do is approach, attempt, and succeed/fail.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

I know, it will just be sods law now that she inst in the gym for a good while I bet. I'll give it a shot if I see her again, thinking maybe just say hello and carry on with my workout then just kind of work my way up to asking her for a drink sometime?
    Cheers, Olie843.

Just don't overthink it. It isn't rocket science. You are just talking to another human being.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

You've already seen her a bunch of times, right? Hey, say "hello", but also state something along the lines of "I've seen you here a bunch of times now and I just want to know if you want to go [wherever] after you're done your workout". Or just ask her for her number.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...