+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help! Totally confused!

Help! Totally confused!

Right, I'm getting some random signals and have no idea what to make of them!

Met a girl, we get on like a house on fire, laugh at the same things, similar interests, but different enough to keep it interesting. We've been out 5 or 6 times, and it's gone really well. Shared a few kisses, but nothing more.

The other day, I ask her what she's thinking, as it's me doing all the chasing, and she says she's really attracted to my personality (hasn't liked someone in this way for ages), but not sure if that spark is there (despite wrestling on the sofa and kissing me!). She also tells me how she's really guarded when she first meets someone because of the past (single for 2 1/2 years).

She's absolutely stunning, (punching above my weight!), but describes her self as plain, big (she's really not) and as having high self confidence but low self esteem.

So, the day after our conversation, I get a text saying "we're never going to happen, that spark isn't there. It'd be cool to hang out as friends, non-romantically". We have a chat, and she sticks to her opinion, and we go our seperate ways. Next thing, two days later, she's texting and calling me, and suggesting we meet up (both going out in the same town). We do, she accuses me of sleeping with a girl just because I know her, but can't remember her name! I'm out the next night, and get a message asking if I'm drunk, or too busy chatting up girls! She also said she thinks "lots of girls would like me because I'm confident and chatty etc".

Then, last night, we make pizza together, have a great laugh, flirt loads, joke loads, and after I leave, I get a really nice message saying thanks for a great evening.

So, is she really not interested, or what? Has she just been screwed over really badly, and want's to see if I'll hang around as mates so she can suss me out a bit more? Do i hang around and see what happens? Tres confused!

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She's clearly stated her intentions. She tried, the spark isn't there, but wants to be friends with you.

You're trying to interpret her actions to mean something else when she couldn't be more clear.

Don't waste any more time with her. Tell her that you like her romantically, so if there's nothing there, you're not going to stick around for a painful friendship. Stop responding to her.

I have to agree with Mathias.

She just wants to be friends. I think though, she should have given you time to relax and get over any feelings you've had, before pushing the friend thing.