My guy and I have been together 14 months, we are both 30 yrs old. We moved very fast in the beginning. He moved in with me, I own my own home (small), after only 5 months. We were always together, he was always sleeping over, so we figured why not?! Yeah, I know, stupid idea. Everything was great for about 5 months, then we began having more and more fights. Fights that were so pointless and stupid. We've always been about to recover from them but the past month its just gotten harder. We sat down and had a serious talk about the direction of things. We both agreed that we had issues of our own that needed attention, and also relationship issues we needed to work on. So things were good for a month, then it went back to the fighting. Again we had a talk and agreed mutually that he should move out (back to his friends house, 20 mins away).

We were together 24/7, he was never seeing his friends, i never got the alone time i craved, so moving apart was the best choice. It has been about 2 weeks since he moved. We still talk and text every day. Hes spending time with friends and family. I'm getting my space, and starting up a new business. I think living apart will make us stronger. It'll give us time to miss each other, and make us want to spend time together without arguing. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, right? I'm already missing him and wanting to see him. I'm also questioning our decision to live apart. I blamed myself at first because I was pushing him away, I just wanted some time to myself. The house is so small, we were aways in each others faces. I did explain all this to him and he reassured me it wasn't my fault, that it takes 2 to make things work and keep a relationship going. He admitted to finding faults on his part as well. Its like we are agreeing on more things now.

He's been very honest and open with me about his feelings and that he loves and wants us to be together. I'm just hoping this distance can help us reconnect. And hopefully down the road we can get a bigger place together were we can start a family.

Has anyone ever had an experience like this or give me insight into what he might be thinking... I'd like a guys opinion on this. What would you do in this situation?