+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I Need Some Major Advice

I Need Some Major Advice

I live a really complicated life, and I'm a pretty complicated person.

I'm going to Musician's Institute, I'm a professional guitar player, I'm working with a band, playing plenty of shows, ect.

I'm a very caring and sensitive guy who loves being in a relationship, infact I might be slightly addicted to it, I'm not the most attractive guy on the planet, but I do my best to look my best and have some form of style, for the sake of my career at least.

I have met someone who I am actually falling in love with. Now, I've been in 3 serious relationships, all three of which have ended very baddly. (Girl had sex with her best friends cousin and another guy from school, another decided she didn't love me, ect, ect.) I know that I really shouldn't rely so much on having a relationship, but I can't help it, it's how I'm built.

Anyways, I met someone who I see every day, we met on MySpace before she moved here to LA, she will also be attending Musician's Institute. We stay in the same hostel and have been great friends since February. We have almost everything in common, we get along real well and spend lots of time together.

I think she's the most beautiful woman that I've ever seen, and everything that she does just makes me fall for her even more. The problem is that she's already with someone, someone who isn't around a whole lot, maybe once every 3 months or so. She likes this sort of thing, and is one of the few things that we actually clash with: I like cuddling, I like physical contact, I like being a little clingy here and there, her not so much (she also doesn't want kids, and I do some day.). But everything about her makes me love her, makes me want something even more than just our friendship. And it's really tearing me up inside.

She's been with him for almost 3 or 4 years now, and I don't know what will happen between them. But I don't know what to do. Advice?

Is my problem too difficult? Should I go somewhere else?

Stop complicating things. You're life and you are no more complicated than anyone else. And neither is your situation.

The only reason you should stop pursuing her is because she's taken, by a longterm relationship to boot.

Exactly.

The only thing you can do right now is continue to be her friend and see what time does to her relationship. If you push yourself between them, you might risk losing her friendship and any chance you have.

Just wait.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Ugh, I'd be careful. Don't get too attached. Even if she is flirting with you, don't get attached! I know a girl who I got too close with, but she had a boyfriend who she also didn't see. It ended in tragic and she only just kind of used me. Left her bf also shortly after.
    Don't expect anything.

Tedel Guest
    All is fair in war and love, on the other hand. If you really want to make a try, do it. She's not married yet, is she?

Quote Originally Posted by Tedel View Post
    All is fair in war and love, on the other hand. If you really want to make a try, do it. She's not married yet, is she?
    The thing that I don't understand is when people are able to steal a girl from another guy and then act all surprised when she leaves him for someone else.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Tedel Guest
    shh!!!... I was hiding that part for him

You can be in love with her and not be with her, you know. Enjoy the fuzzy feelings. When it makes you feel like crap, write songs. No, she's not your future wife and no, there isn't really anything you can do about it, but I say just roll with it. Be her hopeless clown.
    You sensitive musician types thrive on that shit.
    Spammer Spanker