Questioning whether or not I should even look/date at the moment.

I have been dependant majority of my life, parents never taught me anything and I feel that my parents are bad for my health so I just got to get away from them and live life on my own. I managed to experience a bit of independency while I was living with my first love for 2 years. After we split up I had to make a choice whether to live in her town or move back to my town. I didn’t have any friends or family down here, lived on my own for a couple months and realized that I wasn’t going to get anywhere with my casual position & at the time all the casuals were barely getting 20 hours a week. I thought to myself I should go back to school, the only problem with that is I have to live with my parents.

So now I’m going to school full time for 18 months straight and working part time. At the moment I’m looking for someone to have fun with, enjoy each others company and someone to travel with.

A part of myself is telling me this may be a bad idea. I have big goals in the near future such as paying down my student debt in less than 3 years after graduating, getting an apartment after graduating, investing loads of cash, pursue my IT career in the military and travel the world. So that would be my next 5 years, a lot can happen in 5 years, hell even a year. If I got a lady pregnant that would just be lovely… and love is expensive. Say I wait 2-3 years from now Ill have a wider range of quality woman to pick from. The problem I have at 22 is I’m way too mature for my age and I get along best with older woman. Most young woman don’t want some mature dude.

Does anyone have experience working in the Canadian Military in the IT field? Will I have a choice whether or not I want to go overseas?