+ Follow This Topic

Thread: When did you start dating?

When did you start dating?

I'm a 16 year old guy, and it is so very farking annoying when it turns out that all the girls I'm chasing after are simply "not interested in guys that way". That's happened like 6 times already! Either its because they're afraid of getting in a relationship, not fully developed hormones, or against their religion, my luck simply dictates that i will only be infatuated by a girl who doesn't want anyone.

So I'm wondering if its because of their age. Girls, how old were you when you started to actively seek out guys, even just crushes?
    [url=http://moeburn.homelinux.com/][/url]

Death is like sex in highschool, because if you knew how many times you missed it, you'd be paralyzed.

I never actively searched for a person. I wasnt like all the other girls who had to have a boyfriend every week. I didnt understand why they felt like they needed that. Now I know its because they arent secure enough to be by themselves. They need someone to "approve" of them. I guess I was more worried about getting away from my mother than I was having a boyfriend. I never even had a boyfriend in high school. A few guys asked me out, one was obsessive, but I never wanted to be with them because somehow I knew I wasnt supposed to be with them anyway.
    My first real boyfriend I guess was when I was 17. Course now I'm not counting when I was 13 and "went out" with another classmate. Thats cute hehe. I'm talking about the real stuff.
    ~Sarah~

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by ALovelyLady86
    I wasnt like all the other girls who had to have a boyfriend every week.
    Damn.

Is that what "all the other girls" around you are like?

That's so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by moeburn
    I'm a 16 year old guy, and it is so very farking annoying when it turns out that all the girls I'm chasing after are simply "not interested in guys that way". That's happened like 6 times already! Either its because they're afraid of getting in a relationship, not fully developed hormones, or against their religion, my luck simply dictates that i will only be infatuated by a girl who doesn't want anyone.

So I'm wondering if its because of their age. Girls, how old were you when you started to actively seek out guys, even just crushes?
    Maybe you're looking in the wrong place, or maybe you're picking the wrong girls. The age varies for different girls, those with more self-respect tend to be like the girls you suggest, which is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ALovelyLady86
    I wasnt like all the other girls who had to have a boyfriend every week. I didnt understand why they felt like they needed that. Now I know its because they arent secure enough to be by themselves. They need someone to "approve" of them.
    Boys are likely the same, and only want a girlfriend to "prove they're not gay" or something along the lines of that. Luckily I've missed out this stage, and have real motives for when I pursue a girl, though it's not great for experience's sake.