+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What are my chances of getting back together with her?

What are my chances of getting back together with her?

So she initially broke it off with me because I annoyed the **** out of her. That was a week and a half ago. The day she ended it (over text), I of course promised I could give her her space, and I could change. I wouldn't say I begged her to stay with me, and I did say she had every right to end it.

I have not tried to initiate contact with her since, I have read everywhere online that if she wants to get back together, she'll contact me. I'm holding out hope she will contact me soon as it has been over a week since.

A little back story; When we first met it was almost [love/lust] at first sight. We ended up drinking a little at a friend's house and passed out in the same bed together with one of my best buddies from HS just feet away in another bed. We sort of spooned that night, but I didn't dare make a move because of my buddy snoring (he was blackout drunk) and the fact I really liked her and didn't want to rush anything.

We ended up having sex everyday for the next week, actually spending the night together 4-6 nights. And the next two months were not very different. I would say we were addicted to each other in a way. We were both party animals of sorts (I throw some of the best parties on my campus for the under 21 crowd and she frequented house parties with many of my friends who were girls and even had a fake id, were both 20 btw)

Her home life had been kind of unstable for the duration of our time together, she talked about it a lot. Her mom was always out of town with a boyfriend. Things started to go bad when she came home for a week .

We got in the FIRST fight of our relationship because she blew me off one night (first for her). I had never intentionally done so, but I had fallen asleep on her 3x because she works late. I just sent her a short annoyed text that night, and two longer ones in the morning in response to her half-hearted apology that followed.

From then on our inseparability vanished, and I have not seen her since. Over the next week I probably texted every day but one, alluding that I wanted to hang out like we had for the past 2+ months. I called her most nights. She would usually answer but always sounded distant. When I suggested we hang soon she said she would text me, but didn't. Likely due to the fact I didn't really give her a chance to before calling her when I thought she would be off work. Of the times I called, 3 times I called more than once. Two nights I called 2x and the night before the break-up I called 4x (ironically I was so desperate to talk because I thought something was up).

I read an unbelievable amount of online literature about how to get your ex back. I know for one I need to try to get her to contact me, I know when she does to act like I'm ok (which by now I am, chatting with a couple hotties in a couple classes btw), to act like the break-up was the right thing (which I also believe, I believe I have learned more about relationships in the last week than I had during our 2 months together, or even my whole 19 years prior for that matter), and to not go right back to begging her to take me back, to have her ask me ideally because she can tell I've changed.

I read a quote earlier about a relationship being like sand in your hand. If you leave your hand open, the sand remains in your hand, if clench your fist, the grains slip through your fingers.

If I knew then what I know now, we would probably still be happily together. She needed time alone and I couldn't get a clue until it was too late.

Knowing how close and how much time we had spent together, do you think she will try and contact me? How long should I wait before I initiate contact? Call or text? And what to say? Other advice would be greatly appreciated =)

When things happen fast and furious, they tend to fizzle out just as quickly. 2 months and already she wants out....the infactuation is over. Sorry but I feel it's done and even if you acted differently, you would still be in this position anyways. Never contact her, don't wait for her, move on.

She has to be the one to ask you back, so leave it.

This relationship was fast and heavy for a short period of time. You appear to be extremely clingly, and probably even a bit needy. You jammed a years worth of relationship into 2 months, and that is where someone would eventually burn out.

I think most of us have learned this lesson at some point. It isn't likely she'll come back, clinginess is NOT an attractive quality, I see it the same as someone smothering you with a pillow over a long period of time. Take what you've learned and move on.