+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What are the chances of getting back together?

Is there still hope?

my ex and I are in high school and we had this mutual crush for eachother for five years. We then finally got together and dated for what would be 9 months today. Four days ago, he broke up with me over the internet, which is what I believe was sudden anger/stress. Thing is, before that it was rocky, and i wanted to talk to him and see if we could fix it. That night he called me and we had a very emotionaltalk. He asked if I wanted to try again, and I said "not so soon" because I wanted to sort things out and I wasn't sure yet. In the end he told me some hurtful things, like "I still love you and happy early nine month anyway".

The next day at school we couldnt speak to eachother and avoided e/o. Then the next day I believed it was finally over and there was no chance, so I almost gave up. Then he came up to me and did things like poke me like we did before and he talked to me. Later that night I said Hi and he said hi back, and asked if i wanted to talk, so we were going to talk today, but then his friends followed us so we couldn't. in the end i didn't talk to him. On aim about an hour ago, he told me sorry for disappointing me because he thought he could make me happy. Based on this, it sounds like he doesn't really care for me anymore, and probably doesn't care for getting back together.I went afk andhe left a msg saying "i promise i'll stay out of your life".

What do you guys think? To me, he's dropping bombs in my life, then running away then coming back to drop more. I keep getting the feeling of a little bit of hope even when he probably doesn't care. Does it sound like theres a chance of returning to the way it was?
    Last edited by mimioreo; 02-05-09 at 12:52 PM.

You just need some time to your self and put order in your life and head.
    I think is better to ignore him for a while and see what is going to be whit out him. You are still young and i think you can still find some one to appreciate for what u are.
    Take care

Tug is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Mimi your young and at an age where you should be having the time of your life. Do yourself a favor put some distance between you and your ex b/f, I mean avoid him at all possible cost's regardless of how much it hurts. Personally I think that after a period of time your b/f will realize the pain he's in is to much for him to handle and call you and if he doesn't who cares? There's plenty of other guys out there.

well, you could ask him straight what he wants, sure beats forming theories in your mind. do something else so that you don't think about him so much. don't be so hard on yourself. when you look back at this some years later, you'll realise this is not such a big deal.
    Last edited by shandy; 04-05-09 at 03:45 PM.

He does want to be with you hands down. The messages are him saying:
    'I'm sorry, I knooow you don't want me, so I'll leave'
    What he is basically doing is going;
    'Well seeing as you don't want this cake, I won't give it to you'
    Except he beleives you don't want the cake, though in reality he would love to share it with you.
    If you like him, just make the move, invite him over, or go out with him or something. It seems like you'd both smile!