+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Platonic friendship ?

Platonic friendship ?

Is there such a thing ?
    Want to know what you males think as, I have an extremely good male friend of 5 years now ,we holiday together ,regularly chat ,go out with each other ,flirt with each other and often get mistaken for a married couple .
    There are no other Women in his life .
    We are both in our 40's ,both single ( I am widowed with 3 kids under 16) he has had 2 failed relationships .He is a workaholic and cares for his elderly mother .,I am constantly running after 3 kids .
    Early on I asked him about taking it further but ,he went silent and when I did get an answer ,he felt I was still too hurt after my husbands death .I know he was right then .
    We have now slotted into a cosy friendship without sex or intimacy but ,he is always there for me with a hug when I need one .
    I want more but I am too frightened to ask again .
    If I don't contact him,he is the first to moan .
    Anyway ,if the males here could help me out with some insight to what is going on ,I would be grateful .

yeah i got a friend like that. If i need anything shes there for me. just last night i was getting the if you'd listen to me speach again lol. known here since middle school. im 28. we tried to date but it got weird so i backed off to keep it friends. we go for burgers and a beer every now and then, that kinda stuff.

Also have a girl like that. Been there through thick and thin. I will never get with her because I look at her like a sister now. He could you see the same way or he doesn't want to screw things up by changing what's there.