+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Platonic Vs Romantic Love

Platonic Vs Romantic Love

Hi,

I'm having problems with my feelings towards a friend of mine. I love hanging out with her and generally doing just about anything as long as it's with her. She's a lot of fun, she's smart and we have a ridiculous amount of things in common.

I know I have strong feelings for her but I have no idea how to distinguish between platonic and romantic love and whether or not I feel either of those two.

For some reason, I quite easily get feelings for people, most of the time they pass but it's been a month and more and more feelings are piling up.

I know we can't be together for certain reasons but is there anything I can do to make it easier on myself? Or a way in which I can make those feelings go away?

Thanks

First of all, you are confused. You need to know what you really want before taking a decision.
    If its friendship or if its love, this only you can answer. If what you feel towards her is love, you should try to be with her, or if you are sure you guys cant be together and she doesnt love you, just let her go
    Try to go out, and do fun things so you can forget it.
    Moving on is hard but sometimes necessary
    Good luck

The difference is chemistry. Does she turn you on physically? Do you masturbate to thoughts of her? Do you find yourself wanting to touch her when you're together?
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    The difference is chemistry. Does she turn you on physically? Do you masturbate to thoughts of her? Do you find yourself wanting to touch her when you're together?
    I find her attractive but I prefer to be close with her emotionally rather than sexually. Don't get me wrong, I do want to be close with her physically but for me (I don't know, maybe I'm strange) I prefer to hug and cuddle with the person I care about instead of having sex with them, besides, she's talked to me about sex and she's not yet ready for it (Not sex with me by the way, just sex in general). It might just be a crush but everytime I see her, the feeling gets stronger and stronger.

learn to excercise gender boundaries. if you hang out with a female friend alot there is a good chance one of you will start developing romantic feelings for the other. i have lots of male friends but i don't hang out with any on a regular basis. i can guarantee that if i do they will want to be my bf.