+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why wont he let me go?

Why wont he let me go?

I have been with my bf for 5 months. Our relationship moved very quickly and I am sure that is part of our problem. He moved in immediately after we started dating. I know that is too quick and we shouldn't have done that but both of us felt so comfortable with each other and it was like we had known each other forever. Things were great for the first 4 months and then I discovered he was talking(inappropriately) with another woman. The things discussed between them were sexual and telling each other how happy they made each other and calling each other "baby" and "love". When I confronted him about it he told me they are just friends and yes that their conversations may have crossed some lines but there is nothing going on between them. I gave him the benefit of the doubt for about a week until I found out that he introduced her to his family. At that point I asked him to leave and told him that our relationship was over. He still insisted that nothing was going on with the two of them beyond a friendship and that he loves me and cares about me and wants to spend his life with me and refused to leave and is determined to make things work with us. Since he refused to let things end I suggested that we take a break from each other. He took a few days to decide that he was ok with that and only because our relationship moved so quickly. He also said that if we were going to take a break that we needed to talk everyday and he needed to see me everyday or at least every other day. That happened for the first week but now in the second week he doesn't text or call everyday and when I don't he gets mad that I'm "not talking to him". I also have not seen him for 4 days. We are 11 days into our 14 day "break". In my opinion he really doesn't care like he says he does or he would be here trying to make it work. When I explain that to him he says yes I do, I love you and want this to work. I don't know how to get him to understand that this relationship is over. I do love and care about him but I can't be treated without respect or be cheated on. How do I get him to see that it's over? I have told him. I have packed his things. He just needs to take them and leave but he wont. What do I need to do and why wont he let me go if this other woman is clearly the person he wants to be with? I've never had someone try and hold on to something that is clearly over. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Delete his number, block him and send his belongings to wherever the hell he's staying. Make sure not to talk nor see him ever.

What he did to you is terrible and you should not want him back in your life. Move on girl. You deserve better.

I would send his things to where he is staying but I don't know where that is.

Leave it outside your place where he can pick it up without entering your home. If he forces to get in, call the cops.

Either that or move and don't tell him. Let the landlord chuck his shit out.

- - - Updated - - -

Tip: next time look at their actions and don't listen to the bullshit they tell you.

There are red flags left, right and centre. The biggest of them being that he REFUSED to leave the house when you asked him to.

Tell him that you will leave his stuff on the balcony for 2 more days then throw it away if it's not removed. If you text him, make sure to take a screen shot of your message so that he can't hold you responsible for his stuff. And if he says or does anything threatening, keep copies of it all and call the police if you need to.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Dear Prettylady82,

I am new in this forum website and i am starting to reply at the first time. You lucky, coz i have lived a situation like yours.
    About 2 years ago, I had to leave my girlfriend because of her some sickly behaviours and i had some doubts about her past. But she didn't want to break up. I decided to break. Then, i didn't answer any phone calling coming from her. She didn't stop sending SMS and e-mail to me. I didn't answer at all. Then one day, she send an e-mail like:
    "I apologized about my vulgar languge that i used against of you. I used coz I am afraid of losing you and i'll always looking forward to answer me and back me, positive or negative..."
    Until i received this e-mail, i had not send any e-mail or SMS to her. But finally i sent the final e-mail to her:
    "Don't wait for me. I won't be back"
    And then she used a vulgar language again, lastly. I have never receieve any e-mail, SMS or telephone call from her.

Briefly,
    Don't answer his phone, SMS, e-mail or any communication things. After for a little while, he will be tired off initiating contact, and will be given up. Trust me.

Take care of yourself. Let me know whether it helps or not....