+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Trust issues because of PAST relationships

Trust issues because of PAST relationships

My girlfriend is very upset with me. I slowly began talking about my past relationships months ago because i was beginning to feel more comfortabele in our relationship. I never said too much about it but i did say enough for her to know that i have done things before. She however has never had a boyfriend, never even kissed. (we only did). This means that she is very sensitive to anything that has to do with "others".(past relationships, girls from past, also jokes, past innocent youtube videos with girls in it). It makes her mind crazy and now it has really become an issue.
    There is no trust left anymore she says. She feels that my past is part of me and says that she isn't the only one i have ever loved.
    She kept wanting reassurance, and i gave her that but at times it broke me down because she is obsessed with it. When i would break down i would confront her with the fact that the past is the past and that i cannot do anything about it. Now she got even more afraid of me and says she doesn't feel safe around me..
    All she wants is to see that there is no past left in me in this present moment. So when she asks for reassurance i just say that nothing happened and "you are the only one i have ever been with."
    Now for some this may seem weird, but i have no problems giving this to her because i don't care about my past relationships.
    But the damage has been done, she knows and will keep thinking and asking about it.
    What can i do to get her trust back and to create a new positive atmophere in my relationship?
    She is so sensitive about it. Any tips on how to handle someone sensitive like this?
    Last edited by skav; 23-01-13 at 03:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skav View Post
    Any tips on how to handle someone sensitive like this?
    Yep. Dump her and find a normal girl to date. Seriously she's giving you hassle over previous relationships and wibbles on about trust and you've not done a damn thing wrong. She's not sensitive, she's a fruitloop.

Agreed. This is why we date....you avoid people like this and find someone who's secure with themselves

Tell her if she can't trust you then the relationship is over. Dump her. She'll probably beg you not to. Dump her anyway.

Yup agreed. She is too immature to have a real relationhsip...you need to let her go so she can start having a past of her own.

this is too weird... so she wants you to lie about your past just so she can pretend she's the only one who's been with you? how is that realistic or normal in any way? if she has these type of issues now, I would run for the hills... it's only going to get worse. she's going to be jealous and insecure and cause you A LOT of headaches... I know too many girls who ruined relationships with their now ex-boyfriends by acting this asinine way. get out while you can!