+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update: Still the Same Games and Still Confused

Update: Still the Same Games and Still Confused

He and I talked the day that I didn't hear from him. I told him that I was just calling for a second to make sure that he was alive and well, but that was it. He was like "No, no, no. I want to talk to you". We talked for about an hour and a half and I think I mentioned in the other thread that he talked about his children's mother, which turned me off a bit.

He and I spoke again the next day before bed. And then I texted him and I told him that maybe we should kinda fall back from one another because I wasn't sure how he felt about his children's mother. He was like "No, I'm sorry. It's not like that at all. I guess sometimes I am frustrated when I think about it, but it's not like that at all. I am really sorry. I won't talk about her to you anymore." and although I said I didn't think we should talk anymore, I don't think he took it that way. We didn't speak that night and we didn't speak until yesterday afternoon when he texted and said "Hi how are you doing?" and then I responded and NO response! And I texted him good night and still no response.

I texted him a little while ago and said "Hey, and I hope you're having a great day. I'm going to just put it out there but when you text me am I not supposed to respond? Because you continuously test me and then ignore any future responses. I try to give you space since you say you're busy so much but I am not quite sure how to respond."

Thoughts?!

Maybe he's just a busy guy? Idk I get annoyed when people don't text me back either but what can you do. Talk to him about it is about all u can do when he finally does respond

Quote Originally Posted by 4 ratties View Post
    Maybe he's just a busy guy? Idk I get annoyed when people don't text me back either but what can you do. Talk to him about it is about all u can do when he finally does respond
    You don't get the impression that he's playing games though?! I can't help but to use that rationale because he continuously reaches out to me ONLY to not respond!

My thoughts are that you shouldn't try and solve problems using text. Discuss face to face - or at least by phone
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

When you said you guys talked for an hour and a half, was that through texting or on the phone?

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    My thoughts are that you shouldn't try and solve problems using text. Discuss face to face - or at least by phone
    You're absolutely right, but if I attempt to talk through text and I don't get a response...I would feel weird calling him right now. I called him the other day to discuss breaking things off and somehow I am not sure where that conversation went, but I can't say it went in the direction that I wanted it to go.

Quote Originally Posted by 4 ratties View Post
    When you said you guys talked for an hour and a half, was that through texting or on the phone?

We talked on the phone for 1 hour and a half. I called him on my lunch break just to make sure he was okay, and he didn't answer. I was a leaving a VM, and he called me right back in the middle of my leaving the VM. From there, we talked until I had to leave to go back to work and I basically have to rush him off the phone then. He was talking non-stop.

Go by his actions and not his words. Whether he is playing games or not, things with him suck balls. I wouldn't waste my time. Go find someone who hasn't got commitment baggage with someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Go by his actions and not his words. Whether he is playing games or not, things with him suck balls. I wouldn't waste my time. Go find someone who hasn't got commitment baggage with someone else.
    Exactly what I told him the other day!!! I agree!!! I told him I wasn't interested in continuing to talk to him for those very reasons!

Then you said your peace..... now block his number and delete him off your phone and FB or wherever.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Then you said your peace..... now block his number and delete him off your phone and FB or wherever.
    Fair enough!! And I have done all of those things..except for blocking(can't seem to block other users with iPhones(I have TRIED!).

You were too passive "i think we shouldnt talk anymore" that's
    sounds like your giving him an option and asking what he thinks. You need to make it clear and dont give him something to come back on lik "i think you still have feelings for your ex" coz then he thinks thats the only reason hes being dumped and hes gonna deny, deny, deny and try to convince you your wrong

its better to be blunt so he gets a clear message "its not working, i dont want to see you again, i wish you well and best of luck with everything, goodbye".

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    You were too passive "i think we shouldnt talk anymore" that's
    sounds like your giving him an option and asking what he thinks. You need to make it clear and dont give him something to come back on lik "i think you still have feelings for your ex" coz then he thinks thats the only reason hes being dumped and hes gonna deny, deny, deny and try to convince you your wrong

its better to be blunt so he gets a clear message "its not working, i dont want to see you again, i wish you well and best of luck with everything, goodbye".
    Yeah, I wasn't sure exactly how to phrase it to him without being rude. I kind of wish I had done that because like you said...he assumed he was getting an option, and I wanted to tell him...there are no options...I dont want to talk...

Next time he contacts you-make it clear.

Believe me this could drag out for months otherwise. I found it v hard to break up with an ex of mine. Really nice guy, totally head over heals about me, really didnt wana hurt him but didnt feel the same. I must have tried to end it 100 times but didnt know how to make it clear. In the end it just hurt him more when i finally had to be a b**ch and tell him straight up "i dont love you, never did, never will". It happened when we were both drunk in a club full of people. It shouldnt have been that way.

Just end it now before too much resentment builds up and it ends badly

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    Next time he contacts you-make it clear.

Believe me this could drag out for months otherwise. I found it v hard to break up with an ex of mine. Really nice guy, totally head over heals about me, really didnt wana hurt him but didnt feel the same. I must have tried to end it 100 times but didnt know how to make it clear. In the end it just hurt him more when i finally had to be a b**ch and tell him straight up "i dont love you, never did, never will". It happened when we were both drunk in a club full of people. It shouldnt have been that way.

Just end it now before too much resentment builds up and it ends badly
    Well it seems like he's sending a clear message to me as well by not responding to my text.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast