+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Tricky Situation

Tricky Situation

Hi all,

I would like to ask, what would you people, both guys and girls, think if a guy were to give a girl his number?

I have read comments from other forums that the guy should man up and just ask for her number and get it over with..
    that the guy is being thoughtful because the girl might be reluctant to give her number due to security reasons, or that the guy is giving the girl the "choice" or "putting the ball in her court", then again, giving her the choice may also prove to be a double edged sword..

So I have come up with a tricky situation, The guy asks for the girl for number, and the girl say,"maybe, next time" The next day the guy offers the girl his number, and for the next few days, did not speak to the girl at all.

Assuming that the guy has talked to her once or twice, they both have a good impression on each other,

What do you think the guy should do upon this situation? Did he do the correct thing?

What would the girl be thinking? What do you think the girl would do?

'Sup Zilver Surfer.
    I think you did the right thing, chief. I NEVER ask a girl for her number. If I feel we're getting along well & stuff, I give them my number...and sure enough they'll text pretty much as soon as we part ways, or the next day at the latest.

If she's into you bro, she'll get in touch. Although, the "maybe next time" thing makes me think she's either playing hard to get. Or perhaps she's just shy.
    I'm sure you'll hear from her soon enough dude.
    If not, then go find another planet for Galactus. There's plenty more sentient life in the Universe, bud.
    - The Bringer of Rain

The thing about it all is that no matter what you do it's hit or miss. Experiment with it and see if it works....some times you have to try different things before you find something that works for you.

Thoughtful?! Dude....youre just ASKING for her number. A guy giving a girl his number has to be one of the pussiest thing you can do. Be a man....always ask for her number! First off you set the pace and second , you know right away if she might be interested

So when you gave her your number after she said "maybe", did she call you up?
    Last edited by surfhb; 02-07-11 at 01:38 AM.

There is no answer that is correct 100% of the time. You did what you thought was best. It isn't worth looking back on now and analyzing.
    Personally, if you asked for her number and she didn't give it, I think giving her your number might seem a little desperate to her.
    Just don't think about it too much and continue to explore all your options, including other potential dating partners.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

As I have written on the 1st post, I asked for her number first..

Anyway, Can I have more comments from this? Ladies, your thoughts would be appreciated..

Nonetheless, Post from anybody would definitely help..

I would just like to listen to comments.. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Zilver View Post
    I would like to ask, what would you people, both guys and girls, think if a guy were to give a girl his number?
    I was replying to your question. So did your girl call?
    Last edited by surfhb; 02-07-11 at 07:01 PM.

Nope, No call~ >.<

What would I think? The guy is interested. That's all. I wouldn't make any sort of judgment, not positive, not negative.
    Sure, I'd like a guy who asks me for my number and then takes things into his own hands instead of letting me do some of the 'pursuing' (since he was the one to show interest). But on the other hand, depending on the situation there might not be time enough (e.g. on a train), plus it allows me to make my own judgment... if I'm taken already, or the guy doesn't interest me at all, I won't have to deal with having to let the guy down when the calls (or giving him a wrong number). If he does interest me also, I'll call.

Any other comments?

Well, I guess I have to step up again and ask for a date..

Noooooooo!! Don't ask for a date.

The maybe next time was most likely a polite way to say no you can't have my number. Then you gave her yours, and if my first assumption was right I don't think she has any intention of using it.

She knows you are interested and isn't showing interest back. Do not pursue her any further.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

The More I think of it, The more I should just give up and leave it alone.. =x

Giving the number yourself in a fashion which practically says "oh sure here's my number" while she hasn't even asked you for it will probably make you look more attractive. I know it works, but then again only on girls who are a little more of outgoing type.