+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need some help with a troubling situation

Need some help with a troubling situation

This situation is the one that smacks me in the face every time I arrive at it.
    I am practically in love with a girl I met almost a month ago. I am pretty sure that she know I like her.
    I have been sending her at least 2 text messages per day. One for good morning and one for good night.
    Sunday (3/29/09) I promised her I wouldn´t text her during the day except for good morning and good night. I made good on my promise and only told text her twice that day.
    Tomorrow I am planning on asking her if she likes me telling her good morning and good night.

But none of that is what is the problem. My problem still lies a good distance down the road but I don´t want to procrastinate. My problem is this, I simply don´t know how I should ask a girl if she wants to be my girlfriend or me be her boyfriend. I am confused and bothered by it because I am not as prepared as I want to be. Any advice pertaining to my problem willl be greatly appreciated.
    God answers you, you may not hear it but he gives you the tools you need to fix your problems.

Hmmm...how does she feel about you messaging her in the mornign and night? Does she text you back. How old are you two? Why did she make you promise not to text her during the day? How do you know her?

Sorry, I just need a little more info before I answer this.

You're analyzing way too much; from how often you text her, to how you should ask her out. Try, "Will you go out with me?" or "Will you be my girlfriend?"

Errr.. Idk if it's just me, but it seems a bit weird that you'd only promise to text her goodmorning/goodnight and now you plan on asking her if she likes it hahah. Doesn't seem like you'd get to talk or no each other much with that.

As for asking her out-- instead of jumping into "will you be my girlfriend," maybe you should ask her on a date and see how that goes.

Sunshimmer,
    how does she feel about you messaging her in the morning and night? I do not know as of yet, she had a soar throat today so I didn´t ask. But I did ask if she could text me when she was able to after school which she did. (that is a good sign right?)
    Does she text you back. How old are you two?
    We are both high school seniors
    Why did she make you promise not to text her during the day?
    She didn´t make me. She told me she would be busy and I promised her I wouldn´t bother her.
    How do you know her?
    Technically I met her online thinking she was someone else. I looked at some of her pictures to find out and saw she was on a robotics team (I am on one as well). A couple more messages accross facebook and we exchanged phone numbers. After a couple days, I started saying ¨good morning¨ and ¨good night.¨ Now it is like a ritual and we talk for a while after school or late in the evening (depending on homework). Today when I she txted me, I replied asking about her day. She told me it sucked because of a sore throat. I have been doing my best to comfort her since I found out, many suggestions. If it wasn´t for the fact that she lives about an hour from me and I have never driven outside my town by myself yet, I would ask if she was okay with me coming over to comfort her. And now I am hoping I didn´t just make a total loser out of myself (won´t go into details but it concerns me suggesting she get a little more sleep tonight, saying i would like to talk to her but would like more for her to get well soon and I said ¨I really hope that did come across bad¨ I didn´t notice my typo until the message had sent. I just told me friend ¨my heart sank to my stomach right after I noticed it¨ My heart is still climbing back into place. I sent a message immediately after noticing saying I was extremely sorry, but I wouldn´t be surprised if I smack my head on my locker in the morning, lol.
    My plan is to wait until robotics nationals (which both our teams made it to) to tell her I like her and ask her to be my girlfriend. Nationals is in about 2 weeks (4/16-4/20 i believe) and I want to be prepared with how I should ask her/tell her. Suggestions on wording would be great cause that is the main problem I am facing.
    God answers you, you may not hear it but he gives you the tools you need to fix your problems.

Quote Originally Posted by alovehangoverr View Post
    As for asking her out-- instead of jumping into "will you be my girlfriend," maybe you should ask her on a date and see how that goes.
    I agree

Just ask her if she wants to go to the movies or something
    Relationships are never a threat, cause I'll Erase the history and act like we never met

--Joe Budden

In love after a month?

*sigh*
    I don't chase, I replace.

I will have to get better at driving before I am ready to go up to meet her (she lives an hour north of me, straight through kansas city)

Cain, I´ve have seen at least 2 relationships at my school that caught on after about 2 days or less of just talking. Besides, I have been talking almost non-stop with her since we exchanged phone numbers. If anything, we have become good friends and I am pretty sure that she knows I like her (especially after last nights bit of fun).

Does she reply back to your messages? If so then that it is a good sign.

You need to calm down, relax and breathe, you are starting to worry to much and over analyzing everything. If you want to ask her out just go ahead and do it.

Use something along the lines of would you like to hang out this weekend or go and see a movie together. This way you are showing her that you like her but are also being casual at the same time.

You have only known this girl a month so you need to slow things down a bit and spend time with her, get to know her more before turning it in to a relationship. I would not say that you are in love with her at this early stage, this is something that takes time to develop. You clearly like her a lot.

I think the best thing to do is ask her what I said and take it from there, go out on some dates together and get to know each other more before asking her to be your girlfriend.

I´ll take the advise after I have driven to and from the town she lives in (or in the kansas city area) to get a feel for it before I ask to hang out with her.
    Besides, she has been sick for a while. Not saying I wouldn´t be there for her but it might not be the best time to ask to go on dates or to the movies.
    But yes, she does reply to about 98% of the texts I send her, and I have been teaching myself when to stop texting her (that I don´t need the last word)