+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I just want to chill out

I just want to chill out

I get way too emotionally involved in even the most miniscule things when it comes to girls and relationships, this is particularly bothersome when it comes to text messaging and social networking. I take these things much too seriously. If she doesn't text me back in an hour, I go crazy and have ridiculous paranoid thoughts. It's almost like texts are a freaking drug and the withdrawal subsides when I feel it vibrate.

I'm sick of this. I'm 20 and need to be patient and just get the hell on with my life and stop obsessing and especially stop putting texts on a pedestal.

Any tips?

Stop putting the girls on a pedestal, and it will solve your problem. If you aren't constantly worried about the girl, you wont be worried about the texts either.

Yeah that should have been the topic instead lol. Good call

If you trusted the girlfriend, you wouldn't be getting upset when she doesn't text you back. You are getting mad at fake realities that your brain is creating, and taking it out on someone else. This behavior is extremely unattractive and can easily screw up relationships. Next girlfriend you have, learn to trust her. Repeat to yourself you trust her and let her have her space, and tell yourself that even if she did end up cheating, its her loss. You can try having a rubberband around your wrist and snapping it when you start thinking crazy thoughts. You might want to limit how much social networking/ texting you do everyday as well, maybe check facebook only twice a day.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Shouldn't you be studying, Grasshopper?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by bloodtippedrose View Post
    If you trusted the girlfriend, you wouldn't be getting upset when she doesn't text you back. You are getting mad at fake realities that your brain is creating, and taking it out on someone else. This behavior is extremely unattractive and can easily screw up relationships. Next girlfriend you have, learn to trust her. Repeat to yourself you trust her and let her have her space, and tell yourself that even if she did end up cheating, its her loss. You can try having a rubberband around your wrist and snapping it when you start thinking crazy thoughts. You might want to limit how much social networking/ texting you do everyday as well, maybe check facebook only twice a day.
    Yeah I have bi-polar I (pretty sure) so the hypomania and racing thoughts and mild paranoid delusions are probably what's causing this. Or I'm just a spaz lol

But she wants me back even after I had quite a lot of extremely unattractive behavior and I am determined to figure it out this time. I had NC with her for a month and watched her meet a new guy and date him and just dealt with it. If I can go through that hell, I feel like I'll be better suited to relax in the glow of knowing she pledged her love to me.

Any suggestions for the 2nd go round?

Start taking xanax.

Keep yourself busy. Have other things to do that will keep your attention. Make it so she is not the only thing on your mind.

If you have trouble doing that, you may want to talk to a professional. At age 20, you should be able to manage your emotions a little better.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Step one, stop making excuses for yourself. Don't blame bi-polar or any other disorder, you know what you're doing and when you're doing it