+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Advice needed

Advice needed

I have met a woman that I love, and she loves me also. But she keeps pushing me away, due to her fears, confusion and/or insecurity. She have told me that "if one is alone no one can hurt you". She lives in another country, and I'm gonna move there in 6-10 months time, sooner if possible.
    She seems to think that if she pushes me away now, she have prevent the hurt if were to split up in the future. And she also thinks that I would hate her for moving to her country, if we were to split up. I have told her that I wouldn't hate her, and that I'm moving because I want to move to her country.

I have no clue on to handle this, she is a wonderful woman and I don't wanna loose her because of this.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

This may or may not help, since I haven't been in the exact same situation that you are, but I can offer some advice. My ex-girlfriend and I dated for 2 years (although our breakup had nothing to do with this situation), and at the beginning she was very afraid to get involved because she was insecure and didn't want to get hurt. I was sure about my feelings for her and knew that she felt the same way, she was just scared to open up and be vulnerable. Here's what I can tell you based on my experience: you said she loves you, and if she loves you it's because she trusts you and loves everything about you. The only (and best) thing that you can do is not try to push things; if you continue to be who you are and be understanding and caring for her, she will begin to open up to you more and more, and this is very fulfilling. If you give her a chance to trust you fully and for her to allow herself to become vulnerable in your presence, you will mean that much more to her. All you can do right now is keep talking to her, keep being yourself (the person that she loves), and keep being someone she can trust and talk to. If she really loves you she will begin to open up, and trust me that is the best feeling in the world. Good luck to you.