+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ahhh Single Again!

Ahhh Single Again!

Hello all! I am new to this site and just looking for some input from other people. I am 26, I have 2 sons. I was with my ex for 10 years, married for the last 3. We split up about 7 months ago. Its been really hard on me and my kids, but I know it was the right thing to do! He cheated on me, with his best friends wife, whom I was also "friends" with. Now I have been back out on the market, and guess what!? I'm still getting played left and right!! Sometimes I think there's something wrong with me, sometimes I just blame men for being assholes. Sometimes I think of going lesbian, though I'm not sure if that would help matters!

I just dont see how I could be with a guy for months, he keeps saying he's not the settling down type, he doesnt want things to get "Complicated". So I got tired of his shit and broke things off with him! Not even a month later hes IN LOVE with his new GIRLFRIEND!! Then the last guy I was with, was a total internet whore (guess thats what I get for meeting him off the net) but he was throwing all this LOVE crap at me after a week! Meanwhile everytime I wasn't around he was getting on Fubar & Mocospace and all these other sites, talking to girls, giving out his # & pics of his ... you know what!!!

So it makes me think...maybe it is me?? Maybe I do something to these guys to push 'em away? Maybe I'm just unloveable?? Maybe im just ranting and raving because I'm hurt & pissed & tired of games. idk. Anyways, Thanks for reading this and I'm sure there will be more to come!

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    both men and women play games.... it's a weird world that we live in.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

i'm aware of that. i try my hardest not to play games when it comes to other peoples emotions. i just wish i could find someone to do the same.

Welcome to the single club. I am divorced too and feel your pain. Seems like after being married I had a definitive idea of what I wanted. But alas, I find the same thing. People play too many games, what happened to honesty that we all claim to want? Apparently there is a decorum for relationshits. God forbid I tell a woman I am interested. Everything is cool until that happens. Good luck to you.
    Same song and dance.
    "Whats the weather like kid?" --- "Its always sunny in Hell."

Third date! Can't stop fate. Its time to take this thing we got to the next level.
    Ya'know SPEND ALL OF OUR WAKING HOURS TOGETHER!!!!
    SURPRISE showed up at your job again! I was thinkin' I wanna be everything to you.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i think in towards the beginning of a relationship neither party wants to get hurt and thus, we kinda have to play games to protect ourselves.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

i agree wit illusional this is fact

[url=http://www.officechairsuk.com]Office Chairs[/url]
    [url=http://www.officechairsuk.com]Chairs[/url]

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by daydreamin420 View Post

So it makes me think...maybe it is me?? Maybe I do something to these guys to push 'em away? Maybe I'm just unloveable?? Maybe im just ranting and raving because I'm hurt & pissed & tired of games. idk. Anyways, Thanks for reading this and I'm sure there will be more to come!
    I don't think you are unloveable or are pushing people away. I think you are letting them in your pants before bothering to find out if they love you. If you want a serious relationship, you need to be willing to weed out the ones that aren't interested in having one.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

and guess what!? I'm still getting played left and right!! Sometimes I think there's something wrong with me, sometimes I just blame men for being assholes. Sometimes I think of going lesbian, though I'm not sure if that would help matters!
    Girls play games too, that's part of life you got to work hard to get stuff in life there is no free lunches here.

And there are men who are assholes just like there are girls who are assholes but not all are assholes.

You can't decide to be a lesbian, If girls attract you then you are a lesbian if girls don't attract you then you are not a lesbian.

(guess thats what I get for meeting him off the net)
    I don't believe in dating sites IMO it's full of liars and cheaters.

Maybe try out some guidance books about dating?!

BTW what type of guy you are looking for?

You need to take yourself off the market for a while. Regain your equilibrium. I'd say if this is happening over and over, then it IS you. My guess is that your judgment sucks right now. You got your rebound drama out of your system- now just take a year and don't date anybody. You'll thank yourself later.

Look, I got played hard when I was splitting up with my husband. It felt horrible. I understand what you're going through. Believe me when I tell you, there will be plenty of time to date later. Right now, you have the stink of being cheated on all over you. Let it dissipate.
    Spammer Spanker