+ Follow This Topic

Thread: AHHH I just found this Forum and I need Major help!

AHHH I just found this Forum and I need Major help!

I just found this site, I am in a very desperate situation. three weeks ago my girlfriend (Sara) dumped me. We have been in love for 9 months. last December I found out she was a Jehovah’s witness. I started getting mad at her because she was one, and that led to me basically treating her like shit. At first it was me just being rude to her here and there. Then this summer it got really bad, when she said she loved me I'd just ignore it. Then one night after talking to her on AIM I got pissed and left a away message that said "I HATE YOU, I HATE RELATIONSHIPS, F*CK OFF." She stopped acting like she loved me after that, and about a week later she dumped me. I know you must be thinking "what a asshole why did he treat her so bad?" The truth is I don’t know. For whatever reason I just did. I truly love her, more then the world. I've had plenty of girlfriends over the years, I even loved one. Sara’s different then all of them, she’s the only girl I have honestly seen a future with. She was the only girl that I didn't feel scared to think of in the future. After she dumped me, I realized what I had lost. I tried EVERYTHING. I have sent her countless Emails, called her. Nothing works. She lives in Florida and comes to Vermont (where I live) quite a bit. and she stays here all Summer. We’re at a point now where we don’t talk. I honestly don’t know how to win her back, I just know that I have too. If I thought she wasn't the one I'd just let her go. I truly love her more then anything. I wouldn't be posting this if I didn't. What can I do to try to fix this, how can I prove to her that I wont ever hurt her again and that I love her so much and I just want to be with her and make her happy? Please help me. I've tried everything I can think of and I really need help. What do I do? It really has to be perfect.

I say give her time to cool down
    She might still love you, but i think she is realy upset about the way you treated her.

So if i were you i would back off for a while maybe 2 weeks or more

I, personally, don't think you have a shot in hell to get her back. If someone treated me that way, of course I wouldn't go back to them no matter if they say they have changed. Many next time you go out with someone, you might want to take their feelings into consideration and act more mature.
    ~Yes, this ring on my finger means that I am happily married, and no, this ring does not mean that you can flirt with me.~

~Marriage is not only the beginning of a relationship, but the end of a life long search for the other half of your soul.~~Unknown~

~Marriage is not a ritual or an end. It is a long, intricate, intimate dance together and nothing matters more than your sense of balance and your choice of partner.~~Unknown~

Are you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by mistere1
    Are you serious?
    Serious about what?

Although I am not a girl, I personally believe in giving others a second chance. I believe that your gf has all the right in the world to be upset at you for what you have done but does not mean that she should condemn you for life. As MJK suggested, it's probably wise to let her cool off a couple of weeks and then slowly try and ease back into her life. If she truly does love you or did, she will not give up that quickly. There's still time.

SunshineRoo: We are only human and I understand that what Gentlebuddhist has done might not have been so "gentle" but sometimes humans do STUPID things that cannont be explained. It is not until we have lost what we hold dear to do we realize that we cannot live without it. It is harsh to brush somebody off who has realized what they have done wrong and is willing to change so that the world can be a better place for everybody. The victim may be hurt but imagine how the person who committed the crime/sin feels knowing that they hurt somebody they really love. Sometimes in the heat of things, we are blinded/clouded by hatred and anger that we do not realize the horrible things we have done until the aftermath of everything.