+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Advice needed. (Please?)

Advice needed. (Please?)

In about a months time I will be going to university, and leaving behind a girl that I've really liked for a while. Although I have never actually told her about my feelings before, I think she knows. Even her older sister and best friend have questioned me about my feelings for her but I have always been to shy to tell them to truth. I'm not sure how she feels about me though, and even if I did tell her would there be any point since im going to uni and wont be seeing her as much?

So my question is...should I tell her and possibly ruin our friendship if she doesnt feel the same way, or wait for her to make the first move if she likes me? Any advice on how I should approach this situation would be very helpful. Thanks

You should have asked her older sister/friend if they thought the feelings might be reciprocated.

I don't see how you have much to lose by telling her you like her... here are the possible outcomes:

a) you tell her you like her, and she reciprocates the feeling so you date until you go away to college.

b) you tell her you like her and she DOESN'T reciprocate the feeling, so you don't date, and then you go away to college.

::shrug::

You're going to college...either way you're not going to see her for long. Just tell her how you feel about her. If her sister sees it I'm sure she has told her and have discussed it. Also the fact that the sister asked you I'd say is a good hint that the girl probably feels the same about you.

What's the worst that happens, she says no...there's an awkward minute. You leave to college and don't have to worry about it again.

Either way it's good practice for future girls.

Thanks for the advice so far, I'll let you know what I choose to do in the near future after I've thought about it some more.

A few months ago I told a girl who I have known since 6th grade I was crazy for her... but the feelings weren't mutual, we stayed friends, she left for college, and now she is one of my best friends.... So my advice is you have nothing to lose... you will either start dating or you will become better friends.