+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm getting mixed feelings on what to do, need some help

I'm getting mixed feelings on what to do, need some help

So I just graduated basic training at fort benning and am home on leave.
    There is this girl that I'm in love with and can't get over, and we've been through a lot for about 9 years. Though we never really dated (we did once but it was only for a week b/c it was too awkward and we were better as friends), otherwise just really really good friends.

I wanted to hang out with her before I left for training but didn't have her number and could only contact her over FB, I messaged her asking and all she said was, and I quote:
    "Are you being serious?
    I'm sorry I didn't get to that earlier. I wish you the best of luck. Be safe I hope it all goes well."
    I didn't really know how to reply so I just told her of my military plans and when I come home from leave to see if she'll continue the conversation but she never did.

So I'm guessing she was shocked that I asked her and she didn't know I was leaving and also even though we have been through more bad & embarrassing times (all on my part) that she isn't made at me cause she apologized for not getting to it earlier and wished me luck, but I'm not sure.

So my question to you is, should I try to see her again before my leave is over? I want to, but I don't want to feel like a creep and keep asking and pressuring her to hang out with me.
    Let be friends

Quote Originally Posted by R0aDRuNN3R5 View Post
    So I just graduated basic training at fort benning and am home on leave.
    There is this girl that I'm in love with and can't get over, and we've been through a lot for about 9 years. Though we never really dated (we did once but it was only for a week b/c it was too awkward and we were better as friends), otherwise just really really good friends.

I wanted to hang out with her before I left for training but didn't have her number and could only contact her over FB, I messaged her asking and all she said was, and I quote:
    "Are you being serious?
    I'm sorry I didn't get to that earlier. I wish you the best of luck. Be safe I hope it all goes well."
    I didn't really know how to reply so I just told her of my military plans and when I come home from leave to see if she'll continue the conversation but she never did.

So I'm guessing she was shocked that I asked her and she didn't know I was leaving and also even though we have been through more bad & embarrassing times (all on my part) that she isn't made at me cause she apologized for not getting to it earlier and wished me luck, but I'm not sure.

So my question to you is, should I try to see her again before my leave is over? I want to, but I don't want to feel like a creep and keep asking and pressuring her to hang out with me.
    Why don't you just ask her out for coffee or a slice of pizza or something before you go. If she says yes, then there ya go you go for pizza and some nice chats. if she says No, then there ya go. You forget she exists and you concentrate on your new career in the Armed Forces. (be careful out there).

Either way it goes you win because if she says no, you can quit the pursuit and wasting your time. If she says yes, then you have a date. It's that simple. Keep in mind if she says no then it's just a lost opportunity ~ He lost opportunity, certainly not yours.

Be well.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Thats what I was leaning towards, what if I don't have a way of getting her number?
    Let be friends

If all of your contact so far has been over the computer, then just ask her out via email or skype or chat on facebook. If she agrees to go out with you then get her number when you're with her then.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Congratulations on surviving basic training and Thank You for helping our country.

Ask for her number over a FB message.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)